JT6M and LOTW

  • Matt Patterson
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 17, 2005
      I was uploading my JT6M and FSK441a contacts to LOTW last night and noticed
      LOTW doesn't accept JT6M as a valid mode. How is everyone else uploading
      JT6M contacts with LOTW? Are they just not accepting them or do I need to
      put the mode as something else in my logbook before I upload to get LOTW to
      accept them.

      73 Matt
      W5LL
    • Ken Roberson
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 17, 2005
        Matt ,

        I Have my mode set to RTTY fer all digi modes and LOTW
        likes that OK.

        Ken K5DNL

        Matt Patterson <mattpatt@...> wrote:
        I was uploading my JT6M and FSK441a contacts to LOTW last night and noticed
        LOTW doesn't accept JT6M as a valid mode.  How is everyone else uploading
        JT6M contacts with LOTW?  Are they just not accepting them or do I need to
        put the mode as something else in my logbook before I upload to get LOTW to
        accept them.

        73 Matt
        W5LL

      • Lee Scott - AA1YN
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 17, 2005
          At 11:01 AM 11/17/2005 -0600, you wrote:
          >I was uploading my JT6M and FSK441a contacts to LOTW last night and noticed
          >LOTW doesn't accept JT6M as a valid mode. How is everyone else uploading
          >JT6M contacts with LOTW? Are they just not accepting them or do I need to
          >put the mode as something else in my logbook before I upload to get LOTW to
          >accept them.
          >

          >73 Matt
          >W5LL

          Matt,

          I believe most everyone has been uploading with the mode as "Data" - hope
          I'm not wrong. I have a number of confirmed QSOs using the Data mode.

          Lee Scott - AA1YN http://www.aa1yn.com
          Home of the VHF & Up Register http://www.aa1yn.com/vhf
          Home of the VHF Talk chatroom http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com
          Hooksett, NH
          FN43gc52
        • Larry
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 17, 2005
            I believe the best way is to set the TSQL software to map all of the individual WSJT modes to "DATA". Except for the HF RTTY DXCC program, all digital modes (including RTTY) are considered data. This is the way I do it and the way a number of others I know that were faced with the same dilema have done.

            Searching for the "right" answer in ARRL documentation is tedious and confusing. Different standards exist in various certificate programs. The method I used is probably not liked by some, but it was the best compromise I could find.

            73, Larry

            Larry - W7IUV
            DN07dg
            http://w7iuv.com

            Matt Patterson wrote:
            I was uploading my JT6M and FSK441a contacts to LOTW last night and noticed
            LOTW doesn't accept JT6M as a valid mode.  How is everyone else uploading
            JT6M contacts with LOTW?  Are they just not accepting them or do I need to
            put the mode as something else in my logbook before I upload to get LOTW to
            accept them.

            73 Matt
            W5LL

          • D. Scott MacKenzie
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 17, 2005
              I have been putting it at "FSK" - what should it be?
              At 11:01 AM 11/17/2005 -0600, you wrote:
              >I was uploading my JT6M and FSK441a contacts to LOTW last night and noticed
              >LOTW doesn't accept JT6M as a valid mode.  How is everyone else uploading
              >JT6M contacts with LOTW?  Are they just not accepting them or do I need to
              >put the mode as something else in my logbook before I upload to get LOTW to
              >accept them.
              >

              >73 Matt
              >W5LL

              Matt,

              I believe most everyone has been uploading with the mode as "Data" - hope
              I'm not wrong. I have a number of confirmed QSOs using the Data mode.

              Lee Scott - AA1YN http://www.aa1yn.com
              Home of the VHF & Up Register http://www.aa1yn.com/vhf
              Home of the VHF Talk chatroom http://vhftalk.aa1yn.com
              Hooksett, NH
              FN43gc52

            • Bill
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 17, 2005
                DXKeeper didn't either, however I edited the modes file to include 441
                jt6 etc. It was a text file which made it real easy to do. I don't
                know about LOTW, but you might look at it and see if there is a mode
                file you can edit.

                73's
                Bill WA0YPL DM37dt

                --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Patterson" <mattpatt@1...> wrote:

                > I was uploading my JT6M and FSK441a contacts to LOTW last night and
                noticed
                > LOTW doesn't accept JT6M as a valid mode. How is everyone else
                uploading
                > JT6M contacts with LOTW? Are they just not accepting them or do I
                need to
                > put the mode as something else in my logbook before I upload to get
                LOTW to
                > accept them.
                >

                > 73 Matt
                > W5LL

              • Matt Patterson
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 17, 2005
                  TQSLCert has a function for mapping modes to the modes that LOTW recognizes.
                  For example in my electronic log I have the mode for FSK441 as FSK441a.
                  LOTW recognizes FSK441 and errors our when I try to upload the contacts as
                  FSK441a. Rather than having to go through my log and change all the QSOs
                  to FSK441 so LOTW would accept them you can tell TQSLCert to map FSK441a to
                  FSK441. I was just trying to figure out what mode everyone logged their
                  JT6M contacts as in LOTW and I think the general consensus as been to log
                  them as DATA.

                  73 Matt
                  W5LL