WSJT version 5.9.0 ??

  • Andy GD0TEP
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 16, 2005
      Hi,

      Just downloaded version 5.9.0, but ran into problems straight away.

      As soon as I run the programme, it puts the radio into TX, and no matter
      what I try, I can't get it back into RX.

      I'm using:
      P4 1.8ghz, 1.5Mb ram, XPpro SP2 and Rigexpert sound card. (external)

      The first window (the one that looks like a DOS box) reports that I have
      Microsoft sound mapper for both input and output, and is using this as the
      default device. Although it also report that the rigexpert is there, it's
      not using it and I can't see how to change that...

      Any ideas?

      Andy
      http://gd0tep.com
    • Richard
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 16, 2005
        In that dos screen find out what the rigexpert device number for input
        and output are. mine was 2 input and 5 output.
        Now go to the options screen on wsjt and put those numbers into the
        input and output boxes.. then find out what comport your rigexpert is
        on and put that number into the com port box. That should get your
        started.

        --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Andy GD0TEP" <andy@g...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Just downloaded version 5.9.0, but ran into problems straight away.
        >
        > As soon as I run the programme, it puts the radio into TX, and no matter
        > what I try, I can't get it back into RX.
        >
        > I'm using:
        > P4 1.8ghz, 1.5Mb ram, XPpro SP2 and Rigexpert sound card. (external)
        >
        > The first window (the one that looks like a DOS box) reports that I have
        > Microsoft sound mapper for both input and output, and is using this
        as the
        > default device. Although it also report that the rigexpert is there,
        it's
        > not using it and I can't see how to change that...
        >
        > Any ideas?
        >

        > Andy
        > http://gd0tep.com

      • Andy GD0TEP
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 16, 2005
          >go to the options screen on wsjt and put those numbers into the
          >input and output boxes.. then find out what comport your rigexpert is
          >on and put that number into the com port box. That should get your
          >started.

          Well, not quite...

          I changed the setting, mine's on 1 and 3, but it still remains in TX.. I can
          get tones out when clicking on any of the TX buttons, so something's
          'almost' right, but not totally right.

          I'll keep looking/playing with it... it's bound to be something simple...

          Andy
          http://gd0tep.com

          --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Andy GD0TEP" <andy@g...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > Just downloaded version 5.9.0, but ran into problems straight away.
          >
          > As soon as I run the programme, it puts the radio into TX, and no matter
          > what I try, I can't get it back into RX.
          >
          > I'm using:
          > P4 1.8ghz, 1.5Mb ram, XPpro SP2 and Rigexpert sound card. (external)
          >
          > The first window (the one that looks like a DOS box) reports that I have
          > Microsoft sound mapper for both input and output, and is using this
          as the
          > default device. Although it also report that the rigexpert is there,
          it's
          > not using it and I can't see how to change that...
          >
          > Any ideas?
          >

          > Andy
          > http://gd0tep.com

          To unsubscribe, send an email to:

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Philip
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 19, 2005
            Andy,

            I have exactly the same problem as you with the latest version of
            WSJT 5.9.0 and my 'RigExpert' interface to my Kenwood TS-2000, in
            fact I had the same problem with the previous version 5.8.6 too.

            The old versions of WSJT 4.9.6 and 3.8.1, which I still have work
            fine and I have tried various combinations of in/out settings, but it
            still remains locked in transmit although there is no output on my TS-
            2000. If I select one of the Rigexpert 'out' or 'in' numbers, but not
            BOTH at the same time then it isn't locked in transmit, but will only
            either RX or TX. This has only started happening with these latest
            versions of WSJT, which is frustrating.

            Strange that with my MixW software and the RigExpert interface I also
            don't get this problem, BUT when I use that combination my audio
            devices in my computer are both 'VIA AC'97 Audio (WAVE)' and for WSJT
            I have to change them both to 'MixW RigExpert' for all versions of
            WSJT.

            If ever you do manage to solve this puzzle, please let me know as I
            have been a WSJT user from the start (years ago)and I would like to
            use the latest versions rather than having to stop at version 4.9.6.

            Regards

            Philip G0ISW

            http://www.qsl.net/g0isw
          • Philip
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 25, 2005
              I see that there is a similar thread running now on the MixW RigExpert
              group. It looks quite a few of us are struggling to use the latest WSJT
              software with our interfaces.

              Logic suggests that as my old versions of WSJT do work with the
              interface that the problem might either lie in a change in the software
              code and/or a driver problem?

              The RigExpert interface works as a virtual soundcard on Comm port 13
              and this leaves the computer soundcard free, as well as providing CAT
              control for the transceiver.

              Has anyone on this group got their RigExpert to work with the latest
              WSJT version? The problem lies with selecting, at the same time, the
              RigExperts in and out ports via WSJT.

              Regards

              Philip G0ISW
            • Andy GD0TEP
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 25, 2005
                >>Has anyone on this group got their RigExpert to work with the latest
                >>WSJT version? The problem lies with selecting, at the same time, the
                >>RigExpert in and out ports via WSJT.

                Hi Philip,

                I tried and tried, but couldn't get the latest version to work with my
                Rigexpert, the one suggestion regarding selecting the ports (I think it was)
                didn't work either.

                Mine would go into TX as soon as the software started, if I clicked any of
                the TX button, the interface would play the tones ok, but just no RX... :-(

                Looks like there is a few of us who will be stuck with the previous version
                for now.

                Cheers

                Andy
                http://gd0tep.com
              • Philip
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 4, 2005
                  Andy,

                  I found this on the MixW RigExpert site:

                  "The Virtual Communication Port (VCP) driver is needed to provide a low-
                  level operating system support for the MixW RigExpert. After installing
                  the driver, the device appears to the system as an extra COMxx port (in
                  addition to any existing COM ports).

                  The Virtual COM Port is created by the driver for internal use only.
                  This means that you can not use this "COMxx" with software which does
                  not support the MixW RigExpert device directly."

                  I wonder if this means that if we ask Joe Taylor very nicely, he might
                  be able to help all us guys out by making the latest version of WSJT
                  compatable?

                  Regards

                  Philip G0ISW
                • Dmitry Dmitriev
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 4, 2005
                    Hi, Philipp.

                    I'm not user of RigExpert, but perhaps this one can help you -
                    http://www.eltima.com/download/vspdxp/

                    --
                    73 de Dmitry/RA3AQ