g stations

  • kenneth
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
      can anyone help a struggleing newcommer to WSJT's jt44 as I can only get a
      lot of garblrd letters on screen ,I wounder if the programe will decode
      messages on its own or if I need to do something ,PLEASE point me in the
      wright direction 8(.

      ---
    • Bruce Brackin
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2002
        Kennth - - Best advice is point you to at least 2 good sites on setting
        up and operating JT44 (and FSK441).

        Read the info Tip (WA5UFH) and Eric (WB5APH) have to offer.

        Tip's site is at http://www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/ and Eric's is at
        http://www.qsl.net/wb5apd/index.html

        Main key to JT44 sucess I have seen is accurate PC clock timing - both
        in terms of absolute and relative. If timing varies from one TX/REC
        sequence to another, the program has a hard time getting steady synch
        signal and the decode will be off and averaging will not know what DT to
        try and lock on. One of the better PC "clock tammer" programs is
        Dimension 4 or "D4" for short. See http://www.thinkman.com/dimension4/
        for free download (link from Eric's site as well) There are GPS clock
        alternatives as well. see K1SIX site at
        http://personalpages.mcttelecom.com/~b_mobile/Timingideas.htm for some
        ideas.

        Wish we had some F2 openings to try JT44 mode on this year.

        Bruce, KD5IUG in EM42
      • kenneth
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2002
          Brice many thanks for the two sites they are very good lots of info I refer
          to them for guidence now and then

          kenneth
          my system is
          ft-847 19 ele ft on 432