KC5OAO Storm results...

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2005
      I received the following information from James (KC5OAO). With both
      hurricanes no doubt many of our amateur radio friends have suffered losses.
      It is amazing how close we can be with just a few ms contacts and
      conversations on PJ. James did not ask me to post this but I felt compelled
      to pass it along. Many of you have worked his stations from south Louisiana.
      There are many other WSJT operators in the affected areas. It has been
      reported that N5BO suffered a huge loss in Biloxi. As we find out about our
      friends status, our hearts and prayers are with them. If others know the
      status of other storm victims, please post to the reflector so we might all
      be informed and offer whatever help we might be able to assist them with.

      Tip

      Note from James...
      I hate to say it, but I have lost my home,radio station, and everything else
      I had, to Hurricane Rita.
      I will have to start all over again from scratch.My family and I are just
      glad the we are alive. My mom and dad and 1 of my brothers also lost
      everything. It will probably be a couple of weeks before I can even get to
      my place after the water goes down and asess the damage. Over half of
      Vermillion Parish is under water. The Lelan Bowman locks in Intracoastal
      City could not hold the tidal surge in Vermillion Bay and bursted apart
      causing the water to rise another 10 feet in Forked Island.

      I am in Kaplan with my family until I can find a place to stay. It will be a
      while before I can talk to you guys again on the radio.

      James KC5OAO