Re: [wsjtgroup] Radio Settings Question

  • Carlos Silva
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15, 2005
      Gred

      The IC746PRO  has a miniDIN conector on the back just for digital modes, It works great with WSJT because when you switch to SSB-D the mic is disconected, the compression is turned off , the TX equalizer is turned off. The only thing you need to set up is the BW . I like to use 2.1Khz but shifted 300 Hz up on the low end.
      I got my mini DIM cable from RASCAL GLX , it is a standard cable for all mini DIM modern radios conectors.

      They manufacture a very nice interface at great price and it works very well on WSJT.

      You will need to adjust line OUT for TX , just enough to drive the power you need so turned the volume down until you see a small decrease in power output.

      I hope this helps.

      Regards
      Carlos
      N4IS