Thank You

  • Don
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2002
      Hello ALL:

      I would like to thank Tip, Andy and the Group here for taking the
      time to try some of us on the LOG IN QSO board (
      http://www.functionalfuture.com/kd4fnb/qsoboard.pl ) on Sunday and
      Wednesday WSJT nights (I already emailed Joe for all his time/long
      hours/effort in this great WSJT program....I am sure you get those
      kind of email all the time Joe). Sunday seems to be the more active
      night so far (again we are new so just a few trying this) and we
      might have to do away with Wednesday as many seem too busy to get on
      and try......so again Thanks to those here that have Logged in! I
      know that many of you are experienced ops at this and I think helping
      others use and try this mode under relaxed conditions with no
      pressures will I hope help bring more interest to the WSJT modes and
      also the PingJockey site. I see many more 'earwigging' going on and
      that is good......and I am sure more will jump in and try some
      contacts on PJ and not just sit on the side lines. In trying to
      promote the use and some activity on WSJT modes (and other digital
      modes) the QSO LOG IN board was thought a good/relaxed way to help
      work some stations, answering questions about the software, and if
      nothing else plant the seed to think about these modes more....hoping
      to bring more operators for everone to work and enjoy these modes on
      VHF/UHF. I do not have much 'free' time with work, wife and 2 small
      kids but from my hour play time once everyone is in bed I can say
      these modes are really amazing!

      AA0BW - 300 mi - JT44 - 2mtr many times at QRP to 2 watts night
      after night
      - JT44 - 6mtr 30 watts but AA0BW has 3 ele at only
      20 feet...no signal heard or seen!

      KC5OAO - 760 mi 6 mtr - JT44 40w
      - FSK441 50w

      N9UDO - 200 mi 6 mtr- JT44 went from 20w, 10w, 5 wQRP to even 2w
      all 100 copy..both ways
      - HELL - compaired to JT44 to HELL mode...15w
      then lost signal

      K0RGR - 350 mi 2mtr - JT44 30w

      KD4FNB - 775 mi 6 mtr - FSK441 30w

      K0XXX - 340 mi 2mtr - JT44 20w

      WA5UFH - 900 mi - 6 mtr- FSK441 40w (fastest contact ever had ...wow)

      (other contacts and test but I will not bore you)

      Guess I am telling you nothing you all don't know but remember I have
      a below average station and never run more than 50w (the norm is
      usually 30w) into only a 10ele on 2 meters and a little 2 ele mini-
      quad for 6 mtrs, again no amps, no preamps and only at 30 feet. I
      would love to improve my station but for now I hope I can provide
      some support and/or documentation that prove to some folks that a
      below average station can work average stations under good condtions
      and for sure USE the big stations when conditions are fair to
      bad......hope you all can use some of us for working more grids also.

      Thanks again de kb9umt Don EN50dp
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PSK_VHF_UHF_HAMRADIO/
    • Al
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2 7:22 AM
        I would like to thank Gennadi (ES3RF), Prasad (VU2PTT) and Ted Hartson for their RAPID reply to my query about .djvu.
        I have downloaded the plug-in, and it works.
        Thank you again!
        Al
        WA4EWV