Re: Portable WSJT

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2002
      Mike, great to hear of your plans for operating out west portable
      using WSJT.
      I hope you do not mind me forwarding this to the group but I know
      are several who have more expertise at answering your questions than
      I. In fact several
      have experience operating portable. (K0SM,W1LP or WZ8D would be good
      operators to discuss portable operations with)

      By the way, I have worked Glen before
      and shouldn't have too much trouble working you on meteor scatter. I
      would recommend
      getting a few meteor scatter qso's under your belt before making a big
      trip to that rare
      grid with a long list of skeds. (just to check out the equipment and
      operation of meteor
      scatter procedures)

      You should have lots of fun passing out grids for a few months before
      setting up the
      home station, a unique way to go! Good luck and please read my
      imbedded comments.
      Again I hope you don't mind me sharing your plans... your gonna have a
      ball.... I hope you
      get some good comments / help from others.

      My comments are imbedded in your message.