Grid / Station distributions

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2002
      Where is the activity out west? Monitoring the Ping Jockey, it is rare
      to see stations active out west so I checked my Callsign.text file to
      see how it was distributed. Forty seven percent of the operators are
      in EN & EM grids or if you add FN grids into that mix it is 62%!

      Well I guess we all knew this but I wonder why the lack of operators
      using meteor scatter out west? I don't have a clue, there are many six
      and two meter operators their. Any thoughts ....

      FN 45 15%
      FM 22 7%
      EN 66 22%
      EM 74 25%
      EL 20 7%
      DN 19 6%
      DM 28 9%
      CN 15 5%
      CM 11 4%

      Another thing I noticed, many stations have only their calls entered
      in the database without any grid. They were not used for the
      calculations.

      Randy Tipton (Tip)
      WA5UFH EL19pa