New Member

  • joe012955
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2005
      Hi all, new guy here, Joe W1JJC FN41 Cape Cod Mass. Loaded up WSJT
      yesterday 31 July and listened for a while and random transmitted for
      a while and low and behold i (we) made a random ms contact with N5OSK
      Jerry in Oklahoma. I am a new op. and still a tech so limited to VHF
      and up and have had a lot of fun on 6m ssb racking up about 48 grids
      in a year. Anyway I have to say that my first ms contact on jt6m
      50,260 with Jerry is my farthest grid at about 1400 some miles and a
      new one! WOO HOO this is fun. Thanks Jerry, I hope u got my e-mail and
      I was doing it right. I will be entering my rig info in the station
      file area shortly.

      73 Joe W1JJC FN41 Cape Cod
    • Patricia Gibbons
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18 12:22 PM
        Hello, My name is Patricia (Elaine)
        Callsign = WA6UBE.
        QTH = Mount Hamilton, California, USA (near San Jose)

        I'm recently retired from a 30 year career in public safety radio
        communications; was the Communications Technical Manager with City of
        San Jose ..

        I downloaded and setup JT65 yesterday (April 17th) with surprizingly
        little difficulty..

        Station setup:

        Yaesu FT-897D w/ G5RV dipole @ 20 feet
        Tigertronics SignaLinkUSB interface to radio's data port

        I'll be monitoring 14076 (window/dial frequency) most of this
        afternoon (April 18th) using narrow bandwidth, deep search, and my 500
        Hz narrow filter, centered on the channel center frequency, with AFC
        on and looking +/- 100 Hz ...

        This is a real interesting mode for HF weak signal monitoring ... !! ..

        Elaine / WA6UBE / AAR9JA
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 19 7:29 AM
          Hi Elaine,

          Welcome to the world of WSJT users! I'm sure you will be
          making JT65 QSOs soon ... most likely, you already have done so.

          I have one suggestion for you and others who are
          contributing to the recent surge of JT65A activity on the HF
          bands:

          You will probably be best served by checking the menu item
          "Decode -> JT65 -> No Deep Search". The Deep Search process
          was explicitly designed for VHF/UHF/EME purposes, and in
          general it will have little utility on the HF bands.

          With best wishes,

          -- 73, Joe, K1JT