FSK441/JT44 activity nights

  • Andrew T. Flowers, K0SM
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2002
      Hi folks,

      As many of you know, the WSJT software has created an operating mode
      that has attracted the hardcore VHF dxer crowd as well as the HF-digital
      operators. With all of the HF+6+2 radios out there now, there seems to
      be an influx of digital operators that are trying out 6m and 2m--mostly
      folks with PSK31 experience. In response to this, Don, KB9UMT, created
      a yahoogroup for folks interested in digital operation on VHF/UHF.
      Naturally, many folks have discovered that there is more than just
      PSK31 and several of them have dabbled with WSJT. However, many folks
      do not have what many of us would consider an "average station"--my 13B2
      and 160w has been called a "big gun." Naturally, folks with 50w and a
      low dipole on 6m aren't hearing much because there is an equally small
      station on the other end.

      could assist folks with getting the program running and having
      everything adjusted correctly. We decided that Sunday and Wednesday
      nights would be informal "WSJT activity nights". I wanted to pass the
      word along to you other "big guns" so that would have the opportunity to
      seek out some newbies. At the very least, you might be able to give
      them something to listen to, which might cause them to be bitten by the
      VHF bug....

      Folks generally meet here http://www.functionalfuture.com/kd4fnb/qsoboard.pl

      Andy K0SM/2
    • Bill Duffy
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2002
        Will this be on the i'net forum you mentioned and what time?
        Tnx es 73
        Bill KA0VXK

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2002
          This is organized the Yahoo group PSK_VHF_UHF_Hamradio. The group's
          URL is:

          Sunday and Wednesday evenings (U.S. time) are dedicated to the WSJT
          modes.

          Time: 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm CST (0100 to 0400, Mon. & Thur, UTC)

          As Andy mentioned, the group's message board (also linked from the
          URL above) is http://www.functionalfuture.com/kd4fnb/qsoboard.pl