HR1MRG needs help in Spanish...

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 25, 2002
      I have communicated with Rene several times, he has the WSJT program
      on CD and Dimension 4.

      I have tried to help him once but it might be better if someone with
      Spanish skills gives it a try. His english is probably 50% but he does
      good on PSK and many have worked him on six SSB.

      From prior emails it appears he has six meters now with 5 elements and
      plans to get on two meters soon. He has no internet at his house but
      plans to get it maybe in the future. I have shared several good
      internet sites to help but again they are all in English.

      His PSK skills are good and he does frequent 10 meters.

      If anyone wants to give him some help in Spanish, let me know other
      wise I will try again. I really think he only needs a little
      push...and I ain't a great communicator.

      His email hr1rmg@...
      Rene Mendoza Garay
      P O Box 1000
      San Pedro Sula
      Honduras

      I realize he is out of range for a lots of folks however if we can get
      activity started in Central America, it might grown both North and
      South.

      Tip
      WA5UFH
      Randy Tipton (Tip)
      WA5UFH EL19pa
    • George B.
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 25, 2002

        > From prior emails it appears he has six meters now with 5 elements and
        > plans to get on two meters soon. He has no internet at his house but
        > plans to get it maybe in the future. I have shared several good
        > internet sites to help but again they are all in English.

        http://babel.altavista.com/

        The link above may be of help converting the English pages to Spanish.
        I've used it to convert pages to English and it does a pretty good job.
      • Andrew T. Flowers, K0SM
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 25, 2002
          Randy,
          My spanish is probably plenty good for this, if necessary. Is he having
          specific trouble that I can help with or something more general? He's
          within 1100mi of several folks in the gulf-coast region, so he would
          have plenty people to work.

          Andy K0SM/2

          Randy Tipton wrote:

          >I have communicated with Rene several times, he has the WSJT program
          >on CD and Dimension 4.
          >
          >I have tried to help him once but it might be better if someone with
          >Spanish skills gives it a try. His english is probably 50% but he does
          >good on PSK and many have worked him on six SSB.
          >
          >>From prior emails it appears he has six meters now with 5 elements and
          >plans to get on two meters soon. He has no internet at his house but
          >plans to get it maybe in the future. I have shared several good
          >internet sites to help but again they are all in English.
          >
          >His PSK skills are good and he does frequent 10 meters.
          >
          >If anyone wants to give him some help in Spanish, let me know other
          >wise I will try again. I really think he only needs a little
          >push...and I ain't a great communicator.
          >
          >His email hr1rmg@...
          >Rene Mendoza Garay
          >P O Box 1000
          >San Pedro Sula
          >Honduras
          >
          >I realize he is out of range for a lots of folks however if we can get
          >activity started in Central America, it might grown both North and
          >South.
          >
          >Tip
          >WA5UFH
          >Randy Tipton (Tip)
          >WA5UFH EL19pa

        • Randy Tipton
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 25, 2002
            Andy he has had the software several months and knows of WB5APD and WA5UFH web sites to get started. When I talked with him today on PSK his comment was he didn't know how to operate the software. ( He knows what meteor scatter is but may not know anything about the procedures) So to answer your question, he has asked no specific question. If you wanted to ask him in Spanish what questions he has that might be a place to start. I will forward you what emails I have received from him if you like, just let me know. Maybe together we can get him running.

            Tip