Re: [wsjtgroup] Random hour time

  • Jerry R
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 2, 2005
      I think  RH  is great  If u want to start at 1100Z and run till 1700Z  i will be in there either for all or at least most of it. Got to shower some time in there but would be back to try catching more stations. I would even go for 1100Z -1400Z 2mtr  &  1400Z to 1700Z  6mtr  or 1100Z - 1700Z  work any band u can just have to send in report to have credit for QSO AWARDS.  i JUST LOVE TO HEAR DEM PINGS SO WILL LISTEN NO MATTER WHAT THE TIME LINE WILL BE.  AS LONG AS IT ISN'T 2IN THE MORNING!

      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 2, 2005
        Someone official in the group needs to notify my employer, spouse, and
        family that I have my priorities out of alignment. That I need to get on
        RH more often. Just kidding.

        Here lately every Saturday morning, I have been tied up one way or
        another. An earlier time would come near working better for me also. And
        the rocks would probably be better. Would not hurt my feelings to start
        2 hours earlier.

        73
        Chuck
        AF4O
      • Charles AF4O
        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 2, 2005

          Oh, and yes I think RH is great also. In any form/time I will try and be there. The pings are addicting !

[...]

                    CST        &nb! sp; CST         <CST>
                   <MST>         MST          MST
                  <<PST>>       <PST>         PST

          <xxx>  Optional
          <<xxx>> REAL optional for Lou and other 'dawn patrol' types or eastern
          late comers.

          This arrangement would potentially stretch RH but that is not
          necessarily a bad thing- hi.  I'd even be open to adjusting back an hour
          during day light savings time period.

          My 2 cents worth - Bruce, N5SIX

          To unsubscribe, send an email to:

          NAHSMS Contest Page ! http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/Rally/NAHSMS.htm

          To unsubscribe, send an email to:

          Ham radio

          Wsjt

          Craft hobby

          Hobby and craft supply

        • Henry A Kilburg
          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 2, 2005
            You have my vote to start one hour early.

            W6TMS CN90

            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 2, 2005
              I vote for 1 hour earlier starting time.
              John W9SE

              ---------------------

              --------------------
              1. Change may be confusing.
              2. Would a 1300 UTC (0600 PDT) be too early for many west coasters?

              What do others think?

                    -- 73, Joe, K1JT

              To unsubscribe, send an email to:

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              To unsubscribe, send an email to:

            • Ken Roberson
              Message 6 of 23 , Jul 2, 2005
                Hello All,

                I would like to Have the Random Hour last for two
                Hours From Say 14:00  to 16:00 for both 6 Meters
                and 2 Meters overlap .That way we could switch
                back and forth depending on the pings and activity

                Tnx and 73

                Ken K5DNL

                http://mail.yahoo.com

              • Randy Tipton
                Message 7 of 23 , Jul 4, 2005

                  So that no one thinks this is a forgotten issue… RH time will be change to an hour earlier soon, probably starting on July 9th. An official announcement will be made prior to Saturday.… the results were very positive for starting earlier.

                  For those out west, especially in the PST zone, is this arrangement ok or do you wish to leave the starting  time at 14:00 and end an hour latter than the east coast? The decision to change the time to 13:00 UTC appeared to be a slim majority out west.  East / West coast don’t have to start at the same time, in fact it probably needs some more consideration?

                  Tip

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jul 4, 2005
                    Tip, from my viewpoint here in the MDT, and being to close or to far for
                    WSJT meteor scatter, the earlier the better! I would vote for say
                    1200 on 2 meters and above and 1300 for six meters. I try to set up the
                    computer to monitor most saturdays, and from "my" observations activity
                    seems to be down, for quite some time. Just not hearing the rocks here
                    like we used to. Mother Nature may be responsible. Years ago when I
                    was mountain topping most weekends, sunrise always brought the meteor
                    bursts in on SSB from the TX, NM (N5JHV) and AZ (N7CI) Big-guns to my SE
                    and the Big-Guns from OR, WA (WA7VHW) and MT (WA1JXN/W7GJ) to the NW.
                    The times they are a changing. A part of me was actually hoping NASA
                    would of blown up comet temple yesterday, accidentally of course, just
                    to of provided us with a new meteor shower! ;-) But in the end I feel
                    earlier the better. And how about Sunday mornings? Anything to get me
                    off my lazy you know what to listen and or make noise. For all the
                    money and tower time I have spent this gear seems to sit here doing
                    nothing most of the time.

                    Hummmm where have I heard that before.

                    Soap Box broken up and now burning in the fire pit.

                    73, Mark, Ku7z

                    Randy Tipton wrote:

                    > So that no one thinks this is a forgotten issue… RH time will be change
                    > to an hour earlier soon, probably starting on July 9th. An official
                    > announcement will be made prior to Saturday.… the results were very
                    > positive for starting earlier.
                    >

                    > For those out west, especially in the PST zone, is this arrangement ok
                    > or do you wish to leave the starting time at 14:00 and end an hour
                    > latter than the east coast? The decision to change the time to 13:00 UTC
                    > appeared to be a slim majority out west. East / West coast don’t have
                    > to start at the same time, in fact it probably needs some more
                    > consideration?
                    >

                    > Tip

                    73!
                    Ku7z, Mark in DN41
                    "Amateur radio operators do it with frequency. Ham radio operators do it
                    till their GigaHertz."
                  • ww2r@mgef.org
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 5, 2005
                      In think moving it up an hour but keeping the length the same is a good idea

                      Dave

                      ww2r

                    • Olin Chamberlin
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jul 5, 2005
                        Will the time change back with daylight savings time change?
                        I'm for the move.

                        Message 11 of 23 , Jul 5, 2005

                          To the best of my memory RH has always been UTC time and has not changed with ‘”daylight savings time”.

                          I don’t know what the outcome of the current “Energy Bill” is but I thought Standard Time was being proposed to be
                          only 2 months out of the year. (Basically going away) So it may not even be an issue.

                          Tip

                          Message 12 of 23 , Jul 5, 2005
                            Sitting here this morning, waiting for the 2m Random Hour to start, I am
                            wondering whether others might prefer to move RH an hour earlier during
                            daylight saving time.
                            This is why I asked the question. I don't care but the earlier the better is because when I do get ton the air in the morning I find my self waiting on RH

                            Message 13 of 23 , Jul 6, 2005
                              And while we are on the subject, let me bring this idea up for future
                              consideration. It was most frustrating trying to demo WSJT on Sunday
                              morning of Field Day because of the lack of stations listening or calling.
                              In addition, a lack of participation was noted in Bruce's RH report for
                              Sat June 25 probably due to many of us setting up Field Day stations Sat
                              morning.

                              So my proposal is that in the future during the weekend of ARRL Field Day
                              (4th weekend of June) that Random Hour be held on Sunday morning instead
                              of Saturday morning. This will provide more opportunity for those who
                              want to demo WSJT during Field Day and will also probably increase
                              participation.

                              BTW, I agree with everyone about making RH one hour earlier.

                              73 de
                              --
                              Bob Poortinga K9SQL
                              Bloomington, Indiana US