RE: [wsjtgroup] Proposed Rally Rules

  • Russ K2TXB
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 16, 2005
      I'm with Joe's suggestions 100%. I think it works well the way it is.
      (Maybe someday I'll have 220 so I can be multiband too :)

      73, Russ K2TXB

    • km5es
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 16, 2005
        I may have stuck my foot in my mouth again about 6 meters being
        easier but, I dont know. I dont have 6 meters but to me,I have
        noticed to me that there are more people on 6 meters than on 2
        meters using WSJT. The points dont matter that much on the
        difference on the bands. Looking at the results page there is a
        difference in all catagories between 6 meters and 2. Most people
        that I have seen that use 6 meters use at least half to a 1/3 of the
        power the guys that are on 2 meters. So again with my hoof in mouth
        disease I will set back and absorb what others say.

        The main thing is that users of Joes wonderful software is growing
        and I am stuck on 2 meters for now. I have made many contacts and
        enjoy MS and now EME alot more due to WSJT. In the past week I have
        made my first 2 EME Contacts that I am very proud of using just a
        17B2 and 200 watts that would have been almost impossible to do
        without Joe's software.

        73 John KM5ES

      • waynesteury@earthlink.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 21, 2005
          Joe, I agree with your 3 points. I have not been on during the last two
          weeks but should be back soon on MY NEW TOWER and with a stronger ping!

          N9EGT
          Wayne F. Steury