Re: [wsjtgroup] Proposed Rally Rules

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 16, 2005
      I, too, keep statistics on time to complete my MS QSOs. Like Tip, I see
      only a small difference between 6 and 2 meters. I also agree about the
      difference in pings on the two bands: 6m pings last longer, but on
      average they are weaker.

      I don't know whether it deserves a point bonus for an unassisted station
      to move someone to another band, but I can definitely attest to the fact
      that it can increase one's score. When running unassisted in one of our
      contests, I *always* do that with stations that I know are active on the
      other band. It is pure, totally "unassisted" in the way that we use
      that term, and an excellent way to make another QSO without having to
      raise the person by CQing later on the other band.

      So if we're taking votes, my preferences are:

      1. Keep the Hi/Low power categories, to encourage more to get into the fray.

      2. Keep QSO points on 6 and 2 meters the same.

      3. No extra credit for moving a station to another band. It's reward
      enough that you get another quick QSO.

      -- Joe, K1JT
    • Russ K2TXB
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 16, 2005
        I'm with Joe's suggestions 100%. I think it works well the way it is.
        (Maybe someday I'll have 220 so I can be multiband too :)

        73, Russ K2TXB

      • km5es
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 16, 2005
          I may have stuck my foot in my mouth again about 6 meters being
          easier but, I dont know. I dont have 6 meters but to me,I have
          noticed to me that there are more people on 6 meters than on 2
          meters using WSJT. The points dont matter that much on the
          difference on the bands. Looking at the results page there is a
          difference in all catagories between 6 meters and 2. Most people
          that I have seen that use 6 meters use at least half to a 1/3 of the
          power the guys that are on 2 meters. So again with my hoof in mouth
          disease I will set back and absorb what others say.

          The main thing is that users of Joes wonderful software is growing
          and I am stuck on 2 meters for now. I have made many contacts and
          enjoy MS and now EME alot more due to WSJT. In the past week I have
          made my first 2 EME Contacts that I am very proud of using just a
          17B2 and 200 watts that would have been almost impossible to do
          without Joe's software.

          73 John KM5ES

        • waynesteury@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 21, 2005
            Joe, I agree with your 3 points. I have not been on during the last two
            weeks but should be back soon on MY NEW TOWER and with a stronger ping!

            N9EGT
            Wayne F. Steury