Re: [wsjtgroup] JT65B Tones

  • AK3E
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 13, 2005
      Mike I have a Yaesu FT847 that has the 2.1 inrad filter installed for ssb.
      It has worked many WSJT FSK441a and JT65a/b contacts.
      Rick AK3E

      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 14, 2005
        Good Morning Rick:

        There should be no problem with JT65 as the highest tone is within the 2.1
        kHz BW. It may be a function of where the carrier is placed on the skirt of
        the filter. I really do not want the 2.1 & 1.8 kHz filters in the FT-920
        that I have bought. That rig will be primarily for 6 mtrs, and as an IF
        for 2 mtrs, and occasional use in the RV. I can sell the filters and
        switchboard for money to buy additional CW filters for the FT-1000MP. With
        the exception of 6 & 2 mtrs, it's extremely rare that I make a SSB
        contact. I love 30 mtrs and have a homebrew 2 element yagi there. So, I
        may as well broaden the passband in the FT-920 and make life easier.

        73,
        Mike