Re: [wsjtgroup] JT65B Tones

    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 13, 2005
      Mike --

      Don't rush out and buy a new filter. Your new radio is fine as is. I
      am sure that you will see in the WSJT spectral displays that the
      bandpass of the 2.1 kHz filter extends from about 500 Hz to 2600 Hz,
      which is a 2.1 kHz width. All WSJT modes will be very happy with that.

      -- 73, Joe, K1JT

      Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH) wrote:
      > Holy Moley! Many thanks to all who responded. I just bought a FT-920 with
      > the widest filter at 2.1 kHz, and immediately realized that is too narrow
      > for FSK441 at 2205 Hz, so thought I had better make sure about JT65. It
      > looks like a filter at 2.4 kHz or wider will do the trick. Thanks again.
      >
      > 73,
      > Mike, W5UC
    • AK3E
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 13, 2005
        Mike I have a Yaesu FT847 that has the 2.1 inrad filter installed for ssb.
        It has worked many WSJT FSK441a and JT65a/b contacts.
        Rick AK3E

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 14, 2005
          Good Morning Rick:

          There should be no problem with JT65 as the highest tone is within the 2.1
          kHz BW. It may be a function of where the carrier is placed on the skirt of
          the filter. I really do not want the 2.1 & 1.8 kHz filters in the FT-920
          that I have bought. That rig will be primarily for 6 mtrs, and as an IF
          for 2 mtrs, and occasional use in the RV. I can sell the filters and
          switchboard for money to buy additional CW filters for the FT-1000MP. With
          the exception of 6 & 2 mtrs, it's extremely rare that I make a SSB
          contact. I love 30 mtrs and have a homebrew 2 element yagi there. So, I
          may as well broaden the passband in the FT-920 and make life easier.

          73,
          Mike