NEWS: WSJTGROUP Reflector Use

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2005
      As owner of this reflector I wanted to make a few comments. First let me
      state I believe this reflector serves a useful purpose for all members
      and moderating it has been a pleasure. We are a group of people with a
      common interest in WSJT and the membership is world wide.

      I am planning to terminate the Weekly Reminder relating to Random Hour
      in the near future. I believe most of us know about it now and we plan
      to replace it with a "Once a month" note explaining the WSJTGROUP
      activities. The Random Hour announcements on the other lists will be
      left unchanged. I.e. the Digital On Six Group and the PSK_VHF_HAMRADIO
      Group both receive announcements on Saturday mornings. By eliminating
      this weekly reminder it will help reduce the number of emails received
      by members.

      Some members have started using the reflector for announcing band
      openings. Although this is not prohibited I think there are better
      places for those type announcements. Please consider using other outlets
      for those type announcements.

      The reflector is an excellent place to look for prospects when making a
      schedule listing for a contest or rally. It appears to be working great
      and this is the best place to look for prospective schedules. But;
      arranging the details of the schedules would be best handled off the
      reflector. It is a common mistake to just hit the reply button when
      answering an email requesting schedules; most of us have done this.
      Stations requesting schedules probably should add their email address in
      the body of their note which would make it easier for other station to
      reply directly to them.

      None of these are problems at this time; in fact I was reluctant to
      mention anything at all. I am not complaining and no one has complained
      to me. This is your reflector, use it wisely.

      Hint...
      Hours before the contest starts this reflector is a good place to post
      your schedule for others to view if you want stations to attempt
      tail-ending your contacts.

      Good luck to everyone in the contest, have fun.

      Tip
      WA5UFH