Using FSK441 in contests

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2005
      With the ARRL VHF QSO Party this weekend, it may be a good time to
      remind everyone of a problem in the current version of WSJT, v4.9.7.

      If you enter your grid locator in the Report box and then exit the
      program, when you re-start WSJT it will present an error message
      "Run-time error 13, Type mismatch" and refise to run.

      If you get this error go to your WSJT installation directory and delete
      the WSJTxxx.INI file or files. (xxx is the version number; the file for
      version 4.9.7 will be WSJT497.INI.) Then you can restart the program
      and operate as usual. You will need to re-enter your station
      parameters, because they were saved in the INI file.

      To prevent getting the error message, your options are these:

      1. Remember to remove your grid from the report box before exiting the
      program.

      2. Instead of putting your Grid in the report box, change the message
      templates on the Setup -> Options page. For example, during a contest I
      use these templates for messages 2 and 3:

      %T %G %M %G <
      RR %G <

      3. Delete the INI file before re-starting the program.

      See you in the contest! I will be running FSK441 on both 6 and 2 meters
      from our club station, W3CCX, at a mountaintop location in FN21. We
      will be on 50.280 and 144.113 between 0400 and 1200 UTC on June 12,
      running 15-minute schedules and calling CQ during any open slots.
      Please feel free to tailend if you hear us!

      -- 73, Joe, K1JT
    • Mike H
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 15, 2005
        Results of the 2005 WSJT Group Spring Rally are now available online:

        http://www.sportscliche.com/wb2fko/rally_2005.html

        -- 73, Mike WB2FKO
      • km5es
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 16, 2005
          Many thanks to the rally coordinators for a job well done. I think
          that 2 meter contacts during the rallys or contest should be given
          higher points due to the contacts being harder to make than on 6
          meters. I enjoyed the rally very much.

          John Petersen KM5ES