Re: [wsjtgroup] Run-time error 13

  • Walter Miller, AJ6T
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2005
      Tom,

      The "type mismatch" error was discussed at length a few weeks ago on
      this reflector before you joined the WSJTgroup. Check through the
      archives for the details. This error occurs when the grid square is
      placed in the report box instead of the more normal 26 or 27. The
      problem got noticed when many of us were setting up for the grid square
      exchange in the MS Spring Rally contest. Joe Taylor suggested this
      work-around:

      Instead of putting your Grid in the report box, change the message
      templates on the Setup -> Options page.

      For example, during the Rally I use these for messages 2 and 3:

      %T %G %M %G <
      RR %G <

      -- 73, Joe, K1JT

      Sorry, I forgot to mention this to you when we were discussing your
      setup for the FP DXpedition yesterday. I suggest that you stick with
      the more conventional 26 or 27 report anyway, since exchanging grid
      squares might confuse some of the operators on the other end of your
      QSOs.

      Please make an announcement of your FP DXpedition plans on this
      reflector. I don't think the word has been spread widely in this forum.

      I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some good multihop Es on 6 meters so
      that I can work you on CW or SSB. This has already been an above
      average E-skip season, so there is reason for hope you might reach the
      west coast. Have fun. I'm sure you are going to be swamped with
      callers on all modes.

      73,

      Walt, AJ6T
      CM87
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2005
        Walt,

        Nothing worked, so I tried the brute force method -- uninstalled (the
        config file tries to stay alive by itself, but I nabbed it) and
        reinstalled -- alles ist in ordnung, jetzt.

        I do plan to be active on JT65B at many if not most of my moonrises
        and moonsets from FP -- to the extent that there is not an Es opening
        in progress. Frequency to be announced after I get there. I will
        call CQ, transmitting first. Will be running Icom 756 ProIII
        (courtesy of Icom), converted Alpha 76A amp (1 KW out), and 7 element
        41 foot boom M2 NAN 6M yagi (courtesy of M2). I will also be running
        some FSK 441A when there is no Es. Frequency TBA after I get there.
        No internet available, but it does appear that I will have a cell
        phone -- won't be sure until I am there. Info from me will be
        funneled via W1JJ and/or W7GJ. When not running WSJT I will always be
        on 50.120. First day of operation probably the 10th of June, with the
        last day the 20th or so. I will be QRV in the June VHF QSO Party, but
        staying on 120 in the contest probably is not viable. Grid is GN17oa.
        Special emphasis on working the western reaches of North America,
        where virtually everyone needs FP.

        73,

        Tom

        --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Walter Miller, AJ6T" <aj6t@c...>