June Contest VA7DX CN89 @ 3500' ASL

  • Neil King
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28, 2005

      VA7DX will be operating at the 3500’ point on Mount Seymour in beautiful CN89 for the June contest.

      Current plan is for operation as Multi-op limited on 6m, 2m, 220 and 440.

      We will be running a minimum of 200w on all bands and 1kw on 6m. Primary antennas will include 6M7JHV, 2M18XXX, 222-7WL and a 432-13WLA.

      We are running WSJT and are looking for tropo and MS contacts during the late evening and early morning hours.

      Skeds welcome.

      Neil

      VA7DX, CN89

      neil.king@...

      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

    • Rolf_PY1RO
      Message 2 of 2 , May 28, 2005
        Dear Joe or whoever else that might know:

        Quick question. How does WSJT treat the stereo signals travelling through the sound card. Obviously, only one channel will carry actual signal from the receiver.

        I´m asking this because I have one defective audio channel in the sound card and until I replace the card, I wonder if I should somehow totally disable it (ground the bad channels input or whatever). That channel is not totally dead, and I´m afraid it may contribute with distorted or spurious audio to the desired signal, depending on how WSJT treats it.

        Thanks and 73
        Rolf - PY1RO