Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJT wish list for Joe

  • Paul Whatton
    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 30, 2005
      Hi Joe

      No, not manufacturer specific in one sense. Kenwood, FlexRadio, Icom,
      TenTec, Elecraft and Yaesu all use the same interface although different
      manufacturers and different rigs require different data to be sent to
      the serial port to do the same job.

      MMSSTV, MMTTY, VQ Log, Ham Radio Deluxe, etc all talk to several
      manufacturers rigs via CI-V. They and other freeware like CI-V Commander
      address a lot of radios:

      *

      Elecraft K2

      *

      FlexRadio SDR-1000

      *

      Icom IC-271, IC-275, IC-375. IC-471, IC-475, IC-575, IC-703,
      IC-706, IC-706MKII, IC-706MKIIG, IC-707, IC-718, IC-725, IC-726,
      IC-728, IC-729, IC-731, IC-735, IC-736, IC-737, IC-738, IC-746,
      IC-746Pro, IC-751, IC-756, IC-756Pro, IC-756Pro II, UC-761,
      IC-765, IC-775, IC-781, IC-820, IC-821, IC-970, IC-1271, IC-1275

      *

      Icom R10, R71, R72, R75, R7000, R7100, R8500, R9000

      *

      Kenwood TS-50, TS-440, TS-450, TS-480, TS-570, TS-690, TS-711,
      TS-811, TS-850, TS-870, TS-940, TS-950, TS-2000

      *

      TenTec OmniV.9, Omni VI, Argonaut V, Jupiter, Pegasus, Orion

      *

      Yaesu FT-100, FT-747, FT-757, FT-767, FT-817, FT-840, FT-847,
      FT-857, FT-890, FT-897 FT-900, FT-920, FT-990, FT-1000D,
      FT-1000MP, FT-1000MP MarkV

      http://www.qsl.net/civ_commander/

      Rather than go into details here there is a good explanation of Icom's
      implementation of CI-V at: http://www.plicht.de/ekki/civ/civ-p3.html

      For example, if I understand correctly, and I'm no programmer, what's
      needed to switch the PTT to TX on an Icom 746 is to send FE FE E0 56 1C
      01 to the serial port and to put it into receive: FE FE E0 56 1C 00

      FE FE is the preamble, E0 is the controller address which is constant,
      56 is the IC-746 rig address (which does vary from rig to rig), and the
      last two are the PTT TX and RX command.

      Of course I'd rather you prioritise WSJT's core functions as a comms
      programme and this isn't any kind of criticism. (Quite the opposite,
      WSJT has revolutionised my operating on 2m and I'm very grateful). I'm
      not asking for a full implementation, just some additional choices in
      the PTT menu which would help integrate WSJT with the other soundcard
      software avaliable. Otherwise it means that folk like me, who choose not
      to take the easy route and buy a Rigblaster but would rather build
      ourselves, are on our knees changing serial cables under the desk!

      Cheers Joe

      Paul G4DCV
    • Tom, N6RA
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 5, 2005
        I have tried the suggestions in prior postings. No luck. I had
        changed the messages for FSK441 to include the grid rather than Rxx.
        I have tried to put back the defaults. Still won't let me switch from
        JT65 to FSK 441 without getting the run time error.

        73,

        Tom, N6RA
      • Dick Ray
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 5, 2005
          Have you tried changing the "R%" to "G%" in the message formats in options ?

          > I have tried the suggestions in prior postings. No luck. I had
          > changed the messages for FSK441 to include the grid rather than Rxx.
          > I have tried to put back the defaults. Still won't let me switch from
          > JT65 to FSK 441 without getting the run time error.
          >
          > 73,
          >
          > Tom, N6RA

        • Walter Miller, AJ6T
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 5, 2005
            Tom,

            Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the WSJT program. Then stay away
            from putting a grid in the report box.

            Walt, AJ6T
            CM87