Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: Seattle Area Stations ?

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 23, 2005
      Kim,

      Have a look at these:

      http://www.pnwvhfs.org/

      73, Larry
      Larry - W7IUV
      DN07dg
      http://w7iuv.com

      Kim wrote:

      Hi Guys,
      Thank you all for the useful input, I'll be a novice at this,
      so that is the main reason for my request for links and referals for
      info before "jumping in"..doing the "hokie pokie" and messing up...

      I stand corrected on my grid, a typo error on my part, Andy K0SM/2
      must be a "nite owl" like me because He e-mailed me an immediate reply
      concerning grid correction and alot of other useful info I was not
      aware of right around midnite my time..

      I have the choice of at least 4 different amps here for 6 meters all
      with different types of finals, so as Andy pointed out the stress of
      the "duty cycle" will determine which one to use..

      Also I was planing on using the Henry 6N2 for 2 meters but think I
      will put it up for sale and scale back on that band..

      I used to run a single 4-250A on six scatter in the 60's with
      consistant qso's into Cal and Nev.
      W7CNK and K7BBO were my mentors in scatter back then..

      Times have changed alot since then so I will be relying
      alot on you guys for tips and knowledge of these new methods...(well
      new to me)

      In the 70's I lacked Mississippi for a WAS on 6 from this area, since
      then unfortunately all of my QSL cards have made the journey into
      the "twilight zone" so I start anew...

      Right now I'm concentrating on getting the tower and beams up..

      Thanks for the invite into your group, I'm hoping to be an asset and
      not a detriment..

      73,
      Kim  WA7BTG

      To unsubscribe, send an email to: