Re: [wsjtgroup] Frequencies for MS

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2002
      Ark - Greetings and glad to see the digital modes are gaining popularity
      in SA. First, both FSK441 and JT44 are both AFSK modes so bandpass is
      about the same as SSB (but remember they are 100% duty cycle tx modes)
      The digital modes you refer to and have questions about in the weak
      signal part of band would most likely be packet (AX.25 standard - on FM
      part of band of here in U.S.) The main calling freq for both WSJT modes
      on 6m here is 50.270 (+/-). You can use the Up x KHz (or Down x KHz) in
      CQ by adding it to your call, e.g., PYZX U5, to indicate you are
      listening on 50.275 and would move tx there if you hear someone.
      Bandwidth is up to about 2500 Hz max so watch operating in/near PSK31 or
      other narrow modes.

      Would like to see more in your part of world try JT44 and think it would
      be good mode for DX - During our Es season, I would often hear/work JT44
      long before SSB would open and it would still be good mode after band
      closed for SSB. Several have worked F2 using JT44.

      Good luck and hope to hear you on 6m - Bruce, KD5IUG in EM42
    • py2zx
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2002
        Hi friends,

        Thank you James, Bruce and Bill for help with the frequencies for WSJT! I
        will send these info for our VHF-DXers here in Brazil.

        Bill, travel to www.qsl.net/vhf-dx and there you will found the PowerPoint
        did by K0SM, in english.

        Sorry the bad lay-out of this site, but we are re-building all the
        structure. Thats what you see on the screem:

        ----------------------------------
        Comunidade VHF-DX
        > VHF-DX Community

        Este site está temporariamente em revisão, com apenas alguns arquivos em
        exposição.
        > This site is under revision, with just few files showed

        Download do PowerPoint sobre WSJT, apresentado na palestra de PY2DP/N4IS.
        > Download of PowerPoint archive about WSJT, used in PY2DP/N4IS´s speech

        Download do programa WSJT.
        > Download of WSJT software

        Regras do Refletor VHF-DX ...
        > Rules of VHF-DX Mailing List ...

        And thats all, HI!

        Thank you very much for your help and kindly messages. Im sure that its a
        big incentive for us.

        73 !

        Ark, py2zx@...
        GG66nt - Jundiai - S. Paulo - Brazil