Frequencies for MS

  • py2zx
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2002
      Hi friends,

      Thats my first e-mail to the reflector.

      My name is Flávio "ARK" Archangelo, operator of PY2ZX in São Paulo State,
      Brazil.

      Last month we had one very interesting speech of Mr. Jose Carlos Silva, N4IS
      / PY2DP, at LABRE/SP Headquarters about WSJT, with the K0SM PowerPoint
      archive.

      The classroom was full and in Brazil some experiences is taking place now.
      In fact, even after the speech the stations PY2PLL, PT9FH and PY3SOL made
      somes tests.

      Well, the question here is: What are the correct or standart frequencies for
      MS in FSK441?

      And about JT44?

      They are digital modes. How can I use in weak signal spectrum?

      In this month I hope can be able for come back to DX with a new 8
      elements yagi for 6 meters. I will be QRV for these modes.

      For any information about Brazil, we are for 4 years organized in one
      mailing list called VHF-DX. The site is
      http://br.groups.yahoo.com/group/vhf-dx

      Another is the www.qsl.net/vhf-dx , now under rebuild.

      Thank you very much for the help and Im sorry the english language mistakes.

      Big 73 and have good MS DXs !!!!

      Ark, py2zx@...
      GG66nt - Jundiaí - São Paulo - Brazil
      http://www.qsl.net/vhf-dx
    • Bill Duffy
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2002
        Thank you for the interesting news about WSJT. Is that power point available
        on the internet? I have been looking a little bit at WSJT for about 6 months
        but I don't know much about it.
        As for the language............Your English is a hell of a lot better than
        my Portuguese(none) and my poor Spanish ( a little).
        73
        Bill
        KA0VXK
        > My name is Flávio "ARK" Archangelo, operator of PY2ZX in São Paulo State,
        > Brazil.
        >
        > Last month we had one very interesting speech of Mr. Jose Carlos Silva,
        N4IS
        > / PY2DP, at LABRE/SP Headquarters about WSJT, with the K0SM PowerPoint
        > archive.
        >
        > The classroom was full and in Brazil some experiences is taking place now.
        > In fact, even after the speech the stations PY2PLL, PT9FH and PY3SOL made
        > somes tests.
        >
        > Well, the question here is: What are the correct or standart frequencies
        for
        > MS in FSK441?
        >
        > And about JT44?
        >
        > They are digital modes. How can I use in weak signal spectrum?
        >
        > In this month I hope can be able for come back to DX with a new 8
        > elements yagi for 6 meters. I will be QRV for these modes.
        >
        > For any information about Brazil, we are for 4 years organized in one
        > mailing list called VHF-DX. The site is
        > http://br.groups.yahoo.com/group/vhf-dx
        >
        > Another is the www.qsl.net/vhf-dx , now under rebuild.
        >
        > Thank you very much for the help and Im sorry the english language
        mistakes.

        > Big 73 and have good MS DXs !!!!
        >
        > Ark, py2zx@...
        > GG66nt - Jundiaí - São Paulo - Brazil
        > http://www.qsl.net/vhf-dx

      • Bruce Brackin
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3, 2002
          Ark - Greetings and glad to see the digital modes are gaining popularity
          in SA. First, both FSK441 and JT44 are both AFSK modes so bandpass is
          about the same as SSB (but remember they are 100% duty cycle tx modes)
          The digital modes you refer to and have questions about in the weak
          signal part of band would most likely be packet (AX.25 standard - on FM
          part of band of here in U.S.) The main calling freq for both WSJT modes
          on 6m here is 50.270 (+/-). You can use the Up x KHz (or Down x KHz) in
          CQ by adding it to your call, e.g., PYZX U5, to indicate you are
          listening on 50.275 and would move tx there if you hear someone.
          Bandwidth is up to about 2500 Hz max so watch operating in/near PSK31 or
          other narrow modes.

          Would like to see more in your part of world try JT44 and think it would
          be good mode for DX - During our Es season, I would often hear/work JT44
          long before SSB would open and it would still be good mode after band
          closed for SSB. Several have worked F2 using JT44.

          Good luck and hope to hear you on 6m - Bruce, KD5IUG in EM42
        • py2zx
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2002
            Hi friends,

            Thank you James, Bruce and Bill for help with the frequencies for WSJT! I
            will send these info for our VHF-DXers here in Brazil.

            Bill, travel to www.qsl.net/vhf-dx and there you will found the PowerPoint
            did by K0SM, in english.

            Sorry the bad lay-out of this site, but we are re-building all the
            structure. Thats what you see on the screem:

            ----------------------------------
            Comunidade VHF-DX
            > VHF-DX Community

            Este site está temporariamente em revisão, com apenas alguns arquivos em
            exposição.
            > This site is under revision, with just few files showed

            Download do PowerPoint sobre WSJT, apresentado na palestra de PY2DP/N4IS.
            > Download of PowerPoint archive about WSJT, used in PY2DP/N4IS´s speech

            Download do programa WSJT.
            > Download of WSJT software

            Regras do Refletor VHF-DX ...
            > Rules of VHF-DX Mailing List ...

            And thats all, HI!

            Thank you very much for your help and kindly messages. Im sure that its a
            big incentive for us.

            73 !

            Ark, py2zx@...
            GG66nt - Jundiai - S. Paulo - Brazil