RE: [wsjtgroup] new member

  • Joe Almstedt
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 22, 2002

      nothing to compare it to i have been on wsjt for 2.5 weeks haven't made any contact as yet kg4mla el88

       "Gacek, Paul" wrote:

      Joe

      What kind of experience have you had with the vertical compared to a beam? Made many contacts and how far  out have they been?

      Paul W6PNG

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 22, 2002
        Well, from personal experience, at QRP levels horizontal on WSJT is much better than verticle and as David said verticle will work on SporadicE since the signal orientation is twisted around.

        However I am about to embark on the same experiment running WSJT & JT44, PSK31,etc... as a MOBILE at 160watts RF output so we will be having some interesting challenges in the next few months.

        Just wonder if the software will accept a /M or a /R callsign? Well at least antenna aiming will be easy with either a verticle whip or a horizontal loop.  ;-)

        Jake K8JWT

        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 5, 2007
          Hi all...
          I´m new in this group and it is my first post hee...
          I hope I can learn more and more about WSJT here...
          Greetings from Brazil!!!
          Best 73´s,
          Silva.

          BRAZILIAN HAM RADIO - ARRL MEMBER
          CALL SIGN : PY8ELO
          NAME : SILVA
          ADDRESS: POBOX (CAIXA POSTAL) 151
          CEP 68180630 ITAITUBA - PA - BRASIL
          GRID LOCATOR : GI25AR UTC -4
          AMAZON FOREST THE WORLD´s LUNG!

          Yahoo! Mail - Sempre a melhor opção para você!
          Experimente já e veja as novidades.
          http://br.yahoo.com/mailbeta/tudonovo/
        • Mirel Cardoso
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 5, 2007

            Bemvindo Seu Silva.

            73 do Mirel   VK2BOD   o bode sem cavanhaque...

            Mora voce no certao   ???

            ============ ========= ========= ========= ===

            ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______
            Yahoo! Mail - Sempre a melhor opção para você!
            Experimente já e veja as novidades.
            http://br.yahoo. com/mailbeta/ tudonovo/

          • Mike H
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 12, 2007
              A reminder to all the meteor scatter enthusiasts in North America that
              our big annual operating event gets underway this evening. For rules
              and details, please visit the following link:

              http://www.sportscliche.com/wb2fko/w07/rules_w07.html

              Get on the air, make some noise, and hope to copy your pings!

              Mike WB2FKO