RE: [wsjtgroup] new member

  • Gacek, Paul
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 22, 2002

      Joe

      What kind of experience have you had with the vertical compared to a beam? Made many contacts and how far  out have they been?

      Paul W6PNG

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 22, 2002

        nothing to compare it to i have been on wsjt for 2.5 weeks haven't made any contact as yet kg4mla el88

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 22, 2002
          Well, from personal experience, at QRP levels horizontal on WSJT is much better than verticle and as David said verticle will work on SporadicE since the signal orientation is twisted around.

          However I am about to embark on the same experiment running WSJT & JT44, PSK31,etc... as a MOBILE at 160watts RF output so we will be having some interesting challenges in the next few months.

          Just wonder if the software will accept a /M or a /R callsign? Well at least antenna aiming will be easy with either a verticle whip or a horizontal loop.  ;-)

          Jake K8JWT

          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 5, 2007
            Hi all...
            I´m new in this group and it is my first post hee...
            I hope I can learn more and more about WSJT here...
            Greetings from Brazil!!!
            Best 73´s,
            Silva.

            BRAZILIAN HAM RADIO - ARRL MEMBER
            CALL SIGN : PY8ELO
            NAME : SILVA
            ADDRESS: POBOX (CAIXA POSTAL) 151
            CEP 68180630 ITAITUBA - PA - BRASIL
            GRID LOCATOR : GI25AR UTC -4
            AMAZON FOREST THE WORLD´s LUNG!

            Yahoo! Mail - Sempre a melhor opção para você!
            Experimente já e veja as novidades.
            http://br.yahoo.com/mailbeta/tudonovo/
          • Mirel Cardoso
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 5, 2007

              Bemvindo Seu Silva.

              73 do Mirel   VK2BOD   o bode sem cavanhaque...

              Mora voce no certao   ???

              ============ ========= ========= ========= ===

              ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______
              Yahoo! Mail - Sempre a melhor opção para você!
              Experimente já e veja as novidades.
              http://br.yahoo. com/mailbeta/ tudonovo/

            • Mike H
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 12, 2007
                A reminder to all the meteor scatter enthusiasts in North America that
                our big annual operating event gets underway this evening. For rules
                and details, please visit the following link:

                http://www.sportscliche.com/wb2fko/w07/rules_w07.html

                Get on the air, make some noise, and hope to copy your pings!

                Mike WB2FKO