Re: [wsjtgroup] new member

  • David Michael Gaytko // WD4KPD
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 22, 2002
      yes 6m qrp via e-skip would be no problem for you vert.

      but I had thought you were inquiring about meteor scatter via wsjt.

      I believe that you should shoot for horizontal polarization on ms...I read in some papers on ms (somewhere on the net) that horizontal was much better.

      david

    • Joe Almstedt
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 22, 2002

        Well i can go both ways vert or horz thanks for ur info kg4mla el88

         David Michael Gaytko // WD4KPD wrote:

        yes 6m qrp via e-skip would be no problem for you vert.

        but I had thought you were inquiring about meteor scatter via wsjt.

        I believe that you should shoot for horizontal polarization on ms...I read in some papers on ms (somewhere on the net) that horizontal was much better.

        david

        Do You Yahoo!?

      • Gacek, Paul
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 22, 2002

          Joe

          What kind of experience have you had with the vertical compared to a beam? Made many contacts and how far  out have they been?

          Paul W6PNG

          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 22, 2002

            nothing to compare it to i have been on wsjt for 2.5 weeks haven't made any contact as yet kg4mla el88

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 22, 2002
              Well, from personal experience, at QRP levels horizontal on WSJT is much better than verticle and as David said verticle will work on SporadicE since the signal orientation is twisted around.

              However I am about to embark on the same experiment running WSJT & JT44, PSK31,etc... as a MOBILE at 160watts RF output so we will be having some interesting challenges in the next few months.

              Just wonder if the software will accept a /M or a /R callsign? Well at least antenna aiming will be easy with either a verticle whip or a horizontal loop.  ;-)

              Jake K8JWT

              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 5, 2007
                Hi all...
                I´m new in this group and it is my first post hee...
                I hope I can learn more and more about WSJT here...
                Greetings from Brazil!!!
                Best 73´s,
                Silva.

                BRAZILIAN HAM RADIO - ARRL MEMBER
                CALL SIGN : PY8ELO
                NAME : SILVA
                ADDRESS: POBOX (CAIXA POSTAL) 151
                CEP 68180630 ITAITUBA - PA - BRASIL
                GRID LOCATOR : GI25AR UTC -4
                AMAZON FOREST THE WORLD´s LUNG!

                Yahoo! Mail - Sempre a melhor opção para você!
                Experimente já e veja as novidades.
                http://br.yahoo.com/mailbeta/tudonovo/
              • Mirel Cardoso
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 5, 2007

                  Bemvindo Seu Silva.

                  73 do Mirel   VK2BOD   o bode sem cavanhaque...

                  Mora voce no certao   ???

                  ============ ========= ========= ========= ===

                  ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______
                  Yahoo! Mail - Sempre a melhor opção para você!
                  Experimente já e veja as novidades.
                  http://br.yahoo. com/mailbeta/ tudonovo/

                • Mike H
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 12, 2007
                    A reminder to all the meteor scatter enthusiasts in North America that
                    our big annual operating event gets underway this evening. For rules
                    and details, please visit the following link:

                    http://www.sportscliche.com/wb2fko/w07/rules_w07.html

                    Get on the air, make some noise, and hope to copy your pings!

                    Mike WB2FKO