RE: [wsjtgroup] new member

  • Gacek, Paul
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 21, 2002

      David

      Thanks. This being the case what luck do you think I might have with 50w into a 6m vertical (Cushcraft r6000).

      I have had great results with the r6000 using PSK and made contacts out 2500 miles with 500mw!

      Paul

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 22, 2002
        yes 6m qrp via e-skip would be no problem for you vert.

        but I had thought you were inquiring about meteor scatter via wsjt.

        I believe that you should shoot for horizontal polarization on ms...I read in some papers on ms (somewhere on the net) that horizontal was much better.

        david

      • Joe Almstedt
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 22, 2002

          Well i can go both ways vert or horz thanks for ur info kg4mla el88

           David Michael Gaytko // WD4KPD wrote:

          yes 6m qrp via e-skip would be no problem for you vert.

          but I had thought you were inquiring about meteor scatter via wsjt.

          I believe that you should shoot for horizontal polarization on ms...I read in some papers on ms (somewhere on the net) that horizontal was much better.

          david

          Do You Yahoo!?

        • Gacek, Paul
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 22, 2002

            Joe

            What kind of experience have you had with the vertical compared to a beam? Made many contacts and how far  out have they been?

            Paul W6PNG

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 22, 2002

              nothing to compare it to i have been on wsjt for 2.5 weeks haven't made any contact as yet kg4mla el88

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 22, 2002
                Well, from personal experience, at QRP levels horizontal on WSJT is much better than verticle and as David said verticle will work on SporadicE since the signal orientation is twisted around.

                However I am about to embark on the same experiment running WSJT & JT44, PSK31,etc... as a MOBILE at 160watts RF output so we will be having some interesting challenges in the next few months.

                Just wonder if the software will accept a /M or a /R callsign? Well at least antenna aiming will be easy with either a verticle whip or a horizontal loop.  ;-)

                Jake K8JWT

                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 5, 2007
                  Hi all...
                  I´m new in this group and it is my first post hee...
                  I hope I can learn more and more about WSJT here...
                  Greetings from Brazil!!!
                  Best 73´s,
                  Silva.

                  BRAZILIAN HAM RADIO - ARRL MEMBER
                  CALL SIGN : PY8ELO
                  NAME : SILVA
                  ADDRESS: POBOX (CAIXA POSTAL) 151
                  CEP 68180630 ITAITUBA - PA - BRASIL
                  GRID LOCATOR : GI25AR UTC -4
                  AMAZON FOREST THE WORLD´s LUNG!

                  Yahoo! Mail - Sempre a melhor opção para você!
                  Experimente já e veja as novidades.
                  http://br.yahoo.com/mailbeta/tudonovo/
                • Mirel Cardoso
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 5, 2007

                    Bemvindo Seu Silva.

                    73 do Mirel   VK2BOD   o bode sem cavanhaque...

                    Mora voce no certao   ???

                    ============ ========= ========= ========= ===

                    ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______
                    Yahoo! Mail - Sempre a melhor opção para você!
                    Experimente já e veja as novidades.
                    http://br.yahoo. com/mailbeta/ tudonovo/

                  • Mike H
                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 12, 2007
                      A reminder to all the meteor scatter enthusiasts in North America that
                      our big annual operating event gets underway this evening. For rules
                      and details, please visit the following link:

                      http://www.sportscliche.com/wb2fko/w07/rules_w07.html

                      Get on the air, make some noise, and hope to copy your pings!

                      Mike WB2FKO