Re: [wsjtgroup] new member

  • David Michael Gaytko // WD4KPD
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 21, 2002
      rest assured 10w or so is fb on 6m, have made many contacts.  7el @ 25ft here.

      david

    • JAYB
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 21, 2002
        To: KG4MLA - Hi Joe - most WSJT/JT44 stuff is set up on skeds from the chat room : http://www.pingjockey.net/cgi-bin/pingtalk
        so get up there and you will have plenty of skeds. most activity is in early am or after 8pm at nite but i have made plenty of qsos in the middle of the day too.
                will be glad to run with you anytime I am on.
                         Jay - K2OVS FN30rx
      • Gacek, Paul
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 21, 2002

          David

          Thanks. This being the case what luck do you think I might have with 50w into a 6m vertical (Cushcraft r6000).

          I have had great results with the r6000 using PSK and made contacts out 2500 miles with 500mw!

          Paul

          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 22, 2002
            yes 6m qrp via e-skip would be no problem for you vert.

            but I had thought you were inquiring about meteor scatter via wsjt.

            I believe that you should shoot for horizontal polarization on ms...I read in some papers on ms (somewhere on the net) that horizontal was much better.

            david

          • Joe Almstedt
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 22, 2002

              Well i can go both ways vert or horz thanks for ur info kg4mla el88

               David Michael Gaytko // WD4KPD wrote:

              yes 6m qrp via e-skip would be no problem for you vert.

              but I had thought you were inquiring about meteor scatter via wsjt.

              I believe that you should shoot for horizontal polarization on ms...I read in some papers on ms (somewhere on the net) that horizontal was much better.

              david

              Do You Yahoo!?

            • Gacek, Paul
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 22, 2002

                Joe

                What kind of experience have you had with the vertical compared to a beam? Made many contacts and how far  out have they been?

                Paul W6PNG

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 22, 2002

                  nothing to compare it to i have been on wsjt for 2.5 weeks haven't made any contact as yet kg4mla el88

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 22, 2002
                    Well, from personal experience, at QRP levels horizontal on WSJT is much better than verticle and as David said verticle will work on SporadicE since the signal orientation is twisted around.

                    However I am about to embark on the same experiment running WSJT & JT44, PSK31,etc... as a MOBILE at 160watts RF output so we will be having some interesting challenges in the next few months.

                    Just wonder if the software will accept a /M or a /R callsign? Well at least antenna aiming will be easy with either a verticle whip or a horizontal loop.  ;-)

                    Jake K8JWT

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 5, 2007
                      Hi all...
                      I´m new in this group and it is my first post hee...
                      I hope I can learn more and more about WSJT here...
                      Greetings from Brazil!!!
                      Best 73´s,
                      Silva.

                      BRAZILIAN HAM RADIO - ARRL MEMBER
                      CALL SIGN : PY8ELO
                      NAME : SILVA
                      ADDRESS: POBOX (CAIXA POSTAL) 151
                      CEP 68180630 ITAITUBA - PA - BRASIL
                      GRID LOCATOR : GI25AR UTC -4
                      AMAZON FOREST THE WORLD´s LUNG!

                      Yahoo! Mail - Sempre a melhor opção para você!
                      Experimente já e veja as novidades.
                      http://br.yahoo.com/mailbeta/tudonovo/
                    • Mirel Cardoso
                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 5, 2007

                        Bemvindo Seu Silva.

                        73 do Mirel   VK2BOD   o bode sem cavanhaque...

                        Mora voce no certao   ???

                        ============ ========= ========= ========= ===

                        ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______
                        Yahoo! Mail - Sempre a melhor opção para você!
                        Experimente já e veja as novidades.
                        http://br.yahoo. com/mailbeta/ tudonovo/

                      • Mike H
                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 12, 2007
                          A reminder to all the meteor scatter enthusiasts in North America that
                          our big annual operating event gets underway this evening. For rules
                          and details, please visit the following link:

                          http://www.sportscliche.com/wb2fko/w07/rules_w07.html

                          Get on the air, make some noise, and hope to copy your pings!

                          Mike WB2FKO