Contest skeds.

  • Russ K2TXB
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 16, 2005
      I am looking for FSK441a skeds for the January contest. I would like skeds
      between 0400 and 0800z, or between 1100 and 1500z.

      Please propose, or email me to ask what I have available.

      Thanks, 73 - Russ K2TXB
    • JERRY CASEY
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 16, 2005
        --- Russ K2TXB <k2txb@...> wrote:

        > I am looking for FSK441a skeds for the January
        > contest. I would like skeds
        > between 0400 and 0800z, or between 1100 and 1500z.
        >
        > Please propose, or email me to ask what I have
        > available.
        >
        > Thanks, 73 - Russ K2TXB
        >
        > HI RUSS I WILL RUN 1100 OR WHAT EVERY YOU GOT AFTER
        THAT.
        JERRY N5OSK EM25FI

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Russ K2TXB
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 16, 2005
          Hi Jerry. Ok I have you down for 1100z, 144.105, you first. A 30 min sked,
          but I will keep going for a few mins more if we are close.

          Please confirm, and will see you early Sunday morning.

          Russ K2TXB

          > > HI RUSS I WILL RUN 1100 OR WHAT EVERY YOU GOT AFTER
          > THAT.
          > JERRY N5OSK EM25FI
        • Russ K2TXB
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 17, 2005
            Oops, sorry all for the extra bandwidth used. I didn't notice that the
            message I was replying to was through the group (since it was only for me),
            so I just hit reply rather than replying direct. This is part of the
            problem when different reflectors use different methods of replying. In
            moon-net, W6YX, and several others I subscribe to reply goes only to the
            originator. But in all yahoo groups reply goes only to the group, as does
            "reply to all". There is no way to reply only to originator except by
            extracting his email address from the message and pasting into your reply.
            I think Yahoo just doesn't get it...

            Anyway, sorry for the extra messages, and hope everyone has a good contest.
            Right now the power lines around here are acting up terribly, and I only can
            hope they calm down before next weekend.

            73, Russ K2TXB

          • Bob Poortinga
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 17, 2005
              "Russ K2TXB" <k2txb@...> writes:

              > Oops, sorry all for the extra bandwidth used. I didn't notice that the
              > message I was replying to was through the group (since it was only for me),
              > so I just hit reply rather than replying direct. This is part of the
              > problem when different reflectors use different methods of replying. In
              > moon-net, W6YX, and several others I subscribe to reply goes only to the
              > originator. But in all yahoo groups reply goes only to the group, as does
              > "reply to all". There is no way to reply only to originator except by
              > extracting his email address from the message and pasting into your reply.

              Depends on your email software. Mine gives me the option of the replying
              to the group or the sender. I suggest you try Thunderbird:
              <http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/>

              > I think Yahoo just doesn't get it...

              Don't blame Yahoo. Reply-To is a group setting which is controlled by the
              group moderator. I know because I'm the moderator of several Yahoo groups.
              The WSJTGROUP moderators can set WSJTGROUP to Reply-To sender if they so
              desire.

              73 de
              --
              Bob Poortinga K9SQL
              Bloomington, Indiana US
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 17, 2005
                Bob Poortinga [mailto:bobp+yahoo@...], wrote:

                > Subject: Re: [wsjtgroup] Contest skeds.

                > Depends on your email software. Mine gives me the option of the replying
                > to the group or the sender. I suggest you try Thunderbird:
                > <http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/>

                My email client, Outlook (not Outlook Express) does too. The problem is not
                with the email client but in the way the group is set up. What I don't
                understand is, why do all the Yahoo groups I have seen make reply go to
                group only? It only makes sense to make it easy for users to reply just to
                the originator if they want. If a person wants to reply to group he can
                just use "reply to all" on his email client.

                I am a moderator on a Yahoo group, so I looked it up, and you are correct
                that it can be set up to reply to sender, so I was wrong in thinking it had
                to be that way. Now to poll my group to see if they want it changed...

                73, Russ K2TXB