01/08/2005 Random Hour Summary

  • bbrackin@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2005
      Lots of hearing on 2m and good many worked on 6m. Rocks must be in the midwinter hibernation mode. I see K4XR, Craig in EM64 has joined the group. Welcome Craig and I'll be looking for some b/s on 6m.

      Reporting
      Station 2m
      N6ENU - nothing heard
      W5SNX - Worked K8RAY just prior to RH, heard partial on a W3??
      KC2MHU - Tried W5SNX, no joy, heard partial on WA5UFH and
      heard WY0V on 2 during 6m RH
      WA5UFH - Heard N5SIX, KM5PO, W0IOH, KC0HLN, AF4O and W5SNX
      KC0HLN - Heard and tried both W5SNX and KM5PO, no joy
      AF4O - Heard KC0MHU and K4XR(tropo/direct)
      W0IOH - nil this time

      Reporting
      Station 6m
      W5SNX - Worked N5SIX, nothing else heard
      WA5UFH - Worked W9SE, W0IOH, Tried K5LXP and W5AOX,
      and heard AF4O, N5SIX, KE7NR, W5SNX, and
      W9RVG working K1JT
      W9SE - Worked WA5UFH and K0AWU, heard K8MD and K1JT
      KC0HLN - Tried K8MD
      AF4O - Worked K1JT, heard W5SNX, wnet split 2nd 1/2 hr
      W0IOH - Worked WA5UFH and W9RVG, heard W5AOX and K5LXP
      K0OG - Tried AF4O and W9NHE, cq's from W9SE and K5LXP,
      W9RVG calling N5SIX

      I forgot to copy the decode file off home pc before heading out so from your notes and my memory 2m was bust with few pings. 6m - worked, W5SNX and W9RVG, hearing pipeline from K8MD, AF4O direct, CQ's from WA5UFH and W9SE - tried W9SE,and K1JT working several.

      Better rocks tomorrow - Bruce, N5SIX