new member

  • kg4mla
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 21 8:22 AM
      Well hello everyopne i just joined the group i have been running wsjt
      without suscess but in sure its to to the lack of rocks or path but
      anyway..stn is 3 ele beam @ 20ft with a mfj9406 qrp ssb rig..i
      monitor 50.20 most of the time fsk441.. just thought i would kind of
      introduce myself name here is Joe... how to work u soon de kg4mla
      el88 73 & good dx
    • JERRY CASEY
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 21 2:17 PM
        --- kg4mla <kg4mla@...> wrote:
        > Well hello everyopne i just joined the group i have
        > been running wsjt
        > without suscess but in sure its to to the lack of
        > rocks or path but
        > anyway..stn is 3 ele beam @ 20ft with a mfj9406 qrp
        > ssb rig..i
        > monitor 50.20 most of the time fsk441.. just thought
        > i would kind of
        > introduce myself name here is Joe... how to work u
        > soon de kg4mla
        > el88 73 & good dx
        >
        > HELLO JOE DE N5OSK EM25FI JERRY.THE CALL FREQ FOR
        WSJT AND JT44 IS 50.270 THERE ARE ALOT OF STATIONS ON
        HOPE TO WORK YOU SOON.JERRY N5OSK

        HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
        http://www.hotjobs.com
      • Gacek, Paul
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 21 2:32 PM

          Hello Group

          Reading this over I notices the rig is a QRP rig. Will this generate enough power for a contact?

          Paul W6PNG

          > Well hello everyopne i just joined the group i have
          > been running wsjt
          > without suscess but in sure its to to the lack of
          > rocks or path but
          > anyway..stn is 3 ele beam @ 20ft with a mfj9406 qrp
          > ssb rig..i
          > monitor 50.20 most of the time fsk441.. just thought
          > i would kind of
          > introduce myself name here is Joe... how to work u
          > soon de kg4mla
          > el88   73 & good dx
          >
          > HELLO JOE DE N5OSK EM25FI JERRY.THE CALL FREQ FOR
          WSJT AND JT44 IS 50.270 THERE ARE ALOT OF STATIONS ON
          HOPE TO WORK YOU SOON.JERRY N5OSK

        • David Michael Gaytko // WD4KPD
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 21 2:46 PM
            rest assured 10w or so is fb on 6m, have made many contacts.  7el @ 25ft here.

            david

          • JAYB
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 21 2:53 PM
              To: KG4MLA - Hi Joe - most WSJT/JT44 stuff is set up on skeds from the chat room : http://www.pingjockey.net/cgi-bin/pingtalk
              so get up there and you will have plenty of skeds. most activity is in early am or after 8pm at nite but i have made plenty of qsos in the middle of the day too.
                      will be glad to run with you anytime I am on.
                               Jay - K2OVS FN30rx
            • Gacek, Paul
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 21 2:56 PM

                David

                Thanks. This being the case what luck do you think I might have with 50w into a 6m vertical (Cushcraft r6000).

                I have had great results with the r6000 using PSK and made contacts out 2500 miles with 500mw!

                Paul

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 22 2:44 PM
                  yes 6m qrp via e-skip would be no problem for you vert.

                  but I had thought you were inquiring about meteor scatter via wsjt.

                  I believe that you should shoot for horizontal polarization on ms...I read in some papers on ms (somewhere on the net) that horizontal was much better.

                  david

                • Joe Almstedt
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 22 2:47 PM

                    Well i can go both ways vert or horz thanks for ur info kg4mla el88

                     David Michael Gaytko // WD4KPD wrote:

                    yes 6m qrp via e-skip would be no problem for you vert.

                    but I had thought you were inquiring about meteor scatter via wsjt.

                    I believe that you should shoot for horizontal polarization on ms...I read in some papers on ms (somewhere on the net) that horizontal was much better.

                    david

                    Do You Yahoo!?

                  • Gacek, Paul
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 22 2:49 PM

                      Joe

                      What kind of experience have you had with the vertical compared to a beam? Made many contacts and how far  out have they been?

                      Paul W6PNG

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 22 2:52 PM

                        nothing to compare it to i have been on wsjt for 2.5 weeks haven't made any contact as yet kg4mla el88

                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 22 6:08 PM
                          Well, from personal experience, at QRP levels horizontal on WSJT is much better than verticle and as David said verticle will work on SporadicE since the signal orientation is twisted around.

                          However I am about to embark on the same experiment running WSJT & JT44, PSK31,etc... as a MOBILE at 160watts RF output so we will be having some interesting challenges in the next few months.

                          Just wonder if the software will accept a /M or a /R callsign? Well at least antenna aiming will be easy with either a verticle whip or a horizontal loop.  ;-)

                          Jake K8JWT

                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 5, 2007
                            Hi all...
                            I´m new in this group and it is my first post hee...
                            I hope I can learn more and more about WSJT here...
                            Greetings from Brazil!!!
                            Best 73´s,
                            Silva.

                            BRAZILIAN HAM RADIO - ARRL MEMBER
                            CALL SIGN : PY8ELO
                            NAME : SILVA
                            ADDRESS: POBOX (CAIXA POSTAL) 151
                            CEP 68180630 ITAITUBA - PA - BRASIL
                            GRID LOCATOR : GI25AR UTC -4
                            AMAZON FOREST THE WORLD´s LUNG!

                            Yahoo! Mail - Sempre a melhor opção para você!
                            Experimente já e veja as novidades.
                            http://br.yahoo.com/mailbeta/tudonovo/
                          • Mirel Cardoso
                            Message 13 of 14 , Dec 5, 2007

                              Bemvindo Seu Silva.

                              73 do Mirel   VK2BOD   o bode sem cavanhaque...

                              Mora voce no certao   ???

                              ============ ========= ========= ========= ===

                              ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______
                              Yahoo! Mail - Sempre a melhor opção para você!
                              Experimente já e veja as novidades.
                              http://br.yahoo. com/mailbeta/ tudonovo/

                            • Mike H
                              Message 14 of 14 , Dec 12, 2007
                                A reminder to all the meteor scatter enthusiasts in North America that
                                our big annual operating event gets underway this evening. For rules
                                and details, please visit the following link:

                                http://www.sportscliche.com/wb2fko/w07/rules_w07.html

                                Get on the air, make some noise, and hope to copy your pings!

                                Mike WB2FKO