RE: [wsjtgroup] Re: 2 Meter Fall/WInter Sprint Dec 29th ...

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 29, 2004

      This year there were 51 Random Hour Activity Periods on Saturday Mornings for both Six and Two meters. Participation has been good with well over 150 stations know to have operated at least one session during the year. Also there are the two major Meteor Scatter Contests each year along with the Fall / Winter Sprints…

      The Fall / Winter Sprints (last Wednesday of Fall / Winter Months) were suggested for additional times during winter months (when it was thought operators would have indoor time to spare) for making random contacts and just having fun. This also provided a time for those who couldn’t make the weekly Random Hour on Saturdays to operate and qualify for the RQA.

      Members have not taken advantage of the Random QSO Award which is available for working Random Contacts during any of the above mentioned activity periods. This is a “worthy” award, fit for framing and not too difficult to qualify for. The same is true for the Century Grid Award.

      I think what Phil and John are asking for is an activity period that would be on a weekend with priority given for “Rovers”.  This might be easily accomplished if stations who are planning rover expeditions notify the WSJTGROUP in advance so it can be announced. (At least a week or more in advance) The timing would be whatever the “Rover Stations” asked for. If two or three Rovers could be out at one time that would be better. Is this what the “Rover Capable” stations would like to see? Your comments please to the list.

      What is already available is the January VHF Contest. Can you imagine the fun if 150 plus stations operated unassisted during the sweepstake? There is a procedure for working the January and September VHF contests on the webpage, this would beat schedules if there was participation.

      WSJTGROUP Info Page: http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/

      Thanks for your input Phil and John. This “Rover Driven Activity Period” I think has wheels. Comments!

      Tip

      WA5UFH