DN81 expedition

  • aflowers@frontiernet.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 25, 2004
      I'll be leaving EN10 around 10am (Sunday), which will hopefully get me
      on the air by 9pm Sunday night in DN81. It might be sooner, but we'll
      see. The 20m trap on the HF antenna is giving me all kind of trouble,
      so it looks like I'll have to be around 18.165 MHz when in the car,
      unless 6m is open of course. On the way there I'll try to be on 17m
      around the top of the hour or so, so look for my CQs there. I will try
      to get on around 7.200 MHz at night, but no promises. That band may be
      a bit long anyway.

      When I get setup on the ridge I will start the CQing on 144.140 first
      period with the U/D method. This allows me to control for birdies, as
      there are in a different place every time I go out. I would prefer
      that people use ST messages if they can. (Typically the other station
      will be the first to send R26 or R27, so I will just follow suit--if
      you send me a ST I'll respond that way). Also, keeping the QSO traffic
      off of .140 is good if other folks want to make an impromptu activity
      period out of it. I expect people will be keeping track of my QSO
      progress on PJ, so help eachother out to make the most of our time.

      It should be fun. I'll probably be calling back home to N0RHL
      periodically to pass on updates. I'll probably hit the hay as soon as
      things peter out in the wee hours and get back on by 6:00 CST for a few
      hours.

      Good luck!
      Andy K0SM EN10rt
    • jim_mcmasters@tandybrands.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 27, 2004

        tnx for the rare grid contact Andy. It's been a long time for us.

        How do I QSL?
        Jim, KM5PO

        "aflowers@..." <aflowers@...>

        12/26/2004 12:01 AM

[...]