JT44 on Linux

  • naylorjs
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 15, 2002
      Hello All

      I think that I have my Linux PC transmitting JT44 ! I say thinks
      because I don't have a RigBlaster or equivalent and I have no
      test files to compare to.

      The code is in an early stage, it only does transmit, it doesn't
      have a GUI, etc. What it does have is the timing, tone generation
      (using IFFTs) and this is all within a C++ framework which should
      painlessly allow me to continue and to maybe add FSK441 later.
      Performance on my PII 400MHz is great, although receiving is
      another matter of course.

      All of my code is available under the GPL and is free to anyone
      to look at and hopefully to help.

      What I would really like would be a .wav file (or two) which
      contain JT44 transmissions which contain only 0's and/or Z's,
      recorded directly from the sound card and not via an SSB radio (I
      suppose via an FM radio would also be fine).

      Feedback would be most welcome.

      73

      Jonathan HB9DRD/G4KLX
    • naylorjs