12/11/2004 Random Hour Summary

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 17, 2004
      Looks like some picked up some randoms for contest. Hope all had fun.

      Reporting
      Station 2m
      VE3SPW - Worked K8MD tropo/ms
      WA5UFH - Worked W0IOH, heard KD7ETC and KM5PO
      W0IOH - Worked WA5UFH
      KI7JA - Worked WB2FKO, heard one ping with W0IOH but not sure
      of origin.
      KC9HLN - Worked K0RI
      K0OG - Tried answering K8MD CQ, no go
      WB2FKO - Worked KI7JA

      Reporting
      Station 6m
      VE3SPW - Heard KC5OAO and K9SQL
      WA5UFH - Worked W0IOH, heard K7NEP, KC5OAO, K5LXP, W9RVG,
      W9SE, K8MD and K9SQL
      W9SE - Tried K9SQL no joy, heard K4AL, K8MD and W0IOH
      W0IOH - Worked WA5UFH, tried K5LXP and heard WQ5S
      KC0HLN - Nil
      K0OG - Heard KC5OAO and K8ROX qso, CQ from VE3FAL
      K9SQL - Worked KC5OAO and WB8SKP, heard VE3SPW, VE3FAL,
      WA5UFH & W9RVG

      Better rocks tomorrow - Bruce, N5SIX
    • Dana Shtun P.Eng
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 18, 2004
        Hi All: just getting on JT6M on 50 Mhz here, been doing much listening,
        can you fella's advise what frequencies to listen on ?
        I've been listining on 50.152 plus or minus birdies here to the SW
        Also on 144 Mhz, is most of the activity on 144.144 MHz?
        (way back that used to be the old AM calling frequency! hi hi)
        73 Dana Ve3DSS FN03
      • jay
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 18, 2004
          To:Dana VE3DSS
          from: Jay K2OVS FN30

          Hi Dana - I know we have worked a few times over years probably during
          contests. The calling freqs on 6m are 50.260 and 50.270. Most WSJT stuff
          gets scheduled thru the chat room :
          http://www.pingjockey.net/cgi-bin/pingtalk, and the associated JT65 link.
          Random calling will probably not net much, not that many people on in JT65
          range of you that would be just listening to those freqs.
          Would glad to sked you on 6 and/or 2m from here FN30 to check out your
          system. Catch me in the mornings on the PJ central chat room or respond
          direct via e-mail.
          looking forward to seeing you on the wsjt modes .
          73, Jay K2OVS FN30rx
        • aflowers@frontiernet.net
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 18, 2004
            I am back in Nebraska for the next few weeks. I spent the morning
            working on a new antenna for the rover. It looks like I may have it up
            and running this evening. I live only about 15min from EN11, so I was
            thinking about popping up there first to test out the system. I'll be
            2m with 160w and what should be the equivilent of a 13B2--new
            experimental antenna.

            I'll put a message on PJ before I head out, also a liason frequency on
            HF if I can keep it resonant with all the metal about. I'll be talking
            with my travel partner about a possible expedition to DN90 or somewhere
            abouts after Christmas. Other likely canditates (or in addition to)
            are EN00, EN01, EN20, EN22 and EN23. I'll keep you updated.

            I can't wait to get on the road (and radio) again....
            Andy K0SM EN10rt