Re: [wsjtgroup] RE: Contest rumored scores page

  • Andrew T. Flowers, K0SM
    Message 1 of 25 , Dec 15, 2004
      Russ K2TXB wrote:

      >Hi Mark. My strategy, if you can call it that, was simply to call CQ on the
      >calling frequency, with an offset. About every 10-20 minutes I changed
      >antenna heading. Since I was calling CQ D35, my receiver was always tuned
      >to 144.105, and that could be a problem as I would not hear other CQ's and
      >would miss potential QSO opportunities.

      You know, if you have one of those *fancy* radios, with two receivers, I
      don't see why it wouldn't be possible to leave the 2nd VFO on the
      calling frequency and run that audio to another computer such that you
      could monitor both frequencies when the radio isn't transmitting. You
      would at least be able to catch other CQers on the opposite sequence. I
      gotta try this in the January VHF contest....

      Andy K0SM/2 (back in EN10 this coming weekend....)
    • Mark Brueggemann
      Message 2 of 25 , Dec 16, 2004
        Thanks everyone for passing on your 'secrets'. This gives me something
        to work on until the next event, meanwhile I'll keep trying during
        random hour on saturdays.

        =====
        Mark K5LXP
        Albuquerque, NM
      • jim_mcmasters@tandybrands.com
        Message 3 of 25 , Dec 29, 2004

          Hi Andy- I keep getting a bounce when I try to reply to your last message from frontiernet.net.

          Do you have an alternate?

          Jim