QST World above 50 Mhz (Valid Contacts jt44 fsk441)

  • KA9UVY- TV
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 14, 2002
      After having a real blast and some success during the shower I open my
      Sept QST and read the article in The World above 50 Mhz about valid
      contacts.
      Well to say the least it kind of took the wind out of my sails. I thought
      when I first heard about FSK441 that there was no question that these are
      considered Valid contacts.
      Now I am not so sure. Has anyone made an official ruling on this subject?
      The article really didn't seem to say one way or the other?
      Maybe I should read it agn?
      Has anyone used QSL'S from FSK441 or JT44 contacts for ARRL WAS VUCC etc.
      Did the card checker even notice or question the mode used for the contact?

      Please guy's, Somebody make me feel like I acomplished something over the
      weekend!
      73, Bob

    • k4sso@qsl.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 14, 2002
        Bob --

        I haven't seen anything that indicates that only specific modes are valid for VUCC or WAS. I have had a checker local to St. Louis do my checking for 350 grids on 6m and 100 grids on 2m, and had no problems, no questions, and now have two nicely framed VUCC's on the wall.

        I haven't read that article, but will when I get home, but I think you're ok!

        73, Colin, K4SSO

        > After having a real blast and some success during the shower I open my
        > Sept QST and read the article in The World above 50 Mhz about valid
        > contacts.
        > Well to say the least it kind of took the wind out of my sails. I thought
        > when I first heard about FSK441 that there was no question that these are
        > considered Valid contacts.
        > Now I am not so sure. Has anyone made an official ruling on this subject?
        > The article really didn't seem to say one way or the other?
        > Maybe I should read it agn?
        > Has anyone used QSL'S from FSK441 or JT44 contacts for ARRL WAS VUCC etc.
        > Did the card checker even notice or question the mode used for the contact?
        >
        > Please guy's, Somebody make me feel like I acomplished something over the
        > weekend!
        > 73, Bob

      • W3SZ
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 14, 2002
          Hello Bob, and all!

          It is unfortunate that the naysayers have raised this issue and worried you
          (and me). There in fact is NO issue here. I asked the ARRL about this
          point early in the year (April 15) and they confirmed OFFICIALLY that the
          contacts are good.

          Here is a copy of the email. I asked the question in a manner so that the
          question and answer would be unambiguous, and clearly generalizable from the
          specific case. This was the result.

          START EMAIL FROM ARRL BELOW

          Yes, Roger, that is correct.
          73, Eileen Sapko, Awards Manager