Re: [wsjtgroup] Suggestions requested

  • Rex Moncur
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 13, 2002
      Hi again Jake

      Re your question on the Gell cell batteries: it depends on whether they are 2 volt or 12 volt batteries.  Assuming they are 12 volt batteries then they would have to be connected in parallel and this would as you say be all positive and all negative together.  However, I have a recollection that putting rechargeable batteries in parallel can produce problems - so before doing this you might need to check with the battery manufacturer.

      Regards Rex, VK7MO

      For amp power, I am trying to setup either a dual-battery system, using a deep-cycle battery charged at home, or I have 6 gell cell batteries fo 17Ah each and would like to try to bank them together so as to get 12Vdc at 6*17Ah=102Ah so another question arrives to do this would it be positive to negative thru all 6 batteries OR all positives and all negatives together?

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor