NAHSMS Contest "Get Ready Now"

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2004
      I want to take the time to encourage everyone to participate in the
      December Geminids Contest. There are many new operators in our group who
      have yet to experience the NAHSMS contests. Take the time now to become
      familiar with the rules and ask questions relating to Meteor Scatter
      contesting.

      In the past, a total of 254 stations have been known to operate in the
      NAHSMS contests. What activity level should we expect for this contest?
      We have a critical mass, provided the majorities show up and make a few
      contacts I think we could approach 300 or more for a meteor scatter
      contest!

      Contesting is what you make it. Some will be very competitive while
      others will join in just to make some contacts and experience the thrill
      of the meteor shower. In the last contest we received 28 logs. As in the
      past, I will continue to check the logs and post the results. Abuse me.
      Send in your logs even if you only made a few contacts and were not a
      serious participant. You might look at last years certificate winners,
      there were actually about 15 certificates not awarded because no log was
      received for that particular category / location. John (N6ENU) continues
      to manage the certificates and has provided us with an excellent awards
      process.

      After saying all that, I will be hard pressed to find time to operate.
      My son and his family are arriving from Japan right before the contest
      starts and my mother is having some surgery performed during that time
      as well. But I will be active when possible operating probably
      unassisted so I hope to make a few contacts. (hint hint look for me)

      Prepare now; talk it up and for those who have never experienced a
      Shower / Contest "hold on" for a fun ride. The NAHSMS Contest Page is
      http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/Rally/NAHSMS.htm where you will find detailed
      information. Thanks to Russ (K2TXB) along with a few others who have
      provided the rules. I am sure Russ will be happy to answer any questions
      relating to the rules etc.

      Tip
      WA5UFH