Question from VE2XX

  • Randy Tipton
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2004
      I received the following question from Stu (VE2XX) one of the newest
      members of the group. I am unable to provide an answer so have posted
      here for others to assist ...
      Tip (WA5UFH)

      Snip...
      Hello,could you please add my callsign in the matrix listing ve2xx is
      my callsign you can use ve2xx@... , this email address if forwarded
      to the enduro@... acct Thanks & 73's stu fn25wk

      Q: i have one questions about Jt? ve2jwh and i have been running the
      jt65b pgm , what has been happening is the blue line as well as the red
      sync line from time to time dissapear , we are on a 40 mile path, This
      is the first time i've had this happen, i'm almost convinced that rf was
      getting into his setup, but wondering if it could be something else .
      I've tried locally on other modes and i'm pretty sure the problem is not
      at my end, any suggstions would certainly help, i'll try and get JWH to
      sign up here as well

      tnx

      stu

      _ _____________________________________ _
      / )|o Randy Tipton (Tip) WA5UFH o|( \
      / / | wa5ufh@... | \ \
      _( (_ | _ 778 CR 123 _ | ) )_
      (((\ \>| / ) Edna, Texas 77957 ( \ |</ /)))
      (\\\\ \_/ /-------------------------------\ \_/ ////)
      \ / Homepage: www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/ \ /
      \ _/ Ph: 361 782 7686 \_ /
      / /|_____________________________________|\ \
      / / "The VHF bands are never dead, learn \ \
      / / to use high speed meteor scatter" \ \
    • Andrew T. Flowers, K0SM
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 29, 2004
        I have seen this happen in the FSK441 mode before. It can occur if
        there is a large gap of silence in recording--if I remember correctly
        this needs to be a little longer than 1 second for the program to
        choke. This can be caused by
        1) amplifier T/R delay over 1 second or so
        2) poor audio connection to the receiver
        3) very little audio recing the soundcard (program should say about "RX
        noise: 0dB" +/- a few).
        Check to make sure that the green line is visible all the way across the
        screen (does not drop out of sight).
        If you get a recording that does this and it passes all of the above
        checks, save it and email it to me and I can have a look.

        Andy K0SM/2

        Randy Tipton wrote:

        >I received the following question from Stu (VE2XX) one of the newest
        >members of the group. I am unable to provide an answer so have posted
        >here for others to assist ...
        >Tip (WA5UFH)
        >
        >Snip...
        >Hello,could you please add my callsign in the matrix listing ve2xx is
        >my callsign you can use ve2xx@... , this email address if forwarded
        >to the enduro@... acct Thanks & 73's stu fn25wk
        >
        >Q: i have one questions about Jt? ve2jwh and i have been running the
        >jt65b pgm , what has been happening is the blue line as well as the red
        >sync line from time to time dissapear , we are on a 40 mile path, This
        >is the first time i've had this happen, i'm almost convinced that rf was
        >getting into his setup, but wondering if it could be something else .
        >I've tried locally on other modes and i'm pretty sure the problem is not
        >at my end, any suggstions would certainly help, i'll try and get JWH to
        >sign up here as well
        >
        >tnx
        >
        >stu

      • michelins12
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 30, 2004
          Hi Andy, thanks for the reply , noted all of the above information, i
          will go through this with Jimmy .
          It is the first time this does this on my end , i have made a few
          other contacts with jt65b without a problem and the same interface is
          used on many other bands without a glitch , possibly as you say the
          delay may be too excessive.

          I'll let you know what the outcome is , tnx 73's stu ve2xx fn25wk