Re: [wsjtgroup] Suggestions requested

  • Jacob Tennant
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 13, 2002
      The time accuracy is not a problem as my cellular phone service uses GPS type time controlled display so all I have to do is set the laptop to the cell phone.

      For amp power, I am trying to setup either a dual-battery system, using a deep-cycle battery charged at home, or I have 6 gell cell batteries fo 17Ah each and would like to try to bank them together so as to get 12Vdc at 6*17Ah=102Ah so another question arrives to do this would it be positive to negative thru all 6 batteries OR all positives and all negatives together?

      For the laptop battery I also have a 34Ah gellcell that I was going to setup for a small inverter for just the laptop.

      PLUS I always carry a jump starter pack that is kept charged at home for when I go out to play on the radio. Been there, done that! Dead battery on a remote mountaintop at 1AM and had to wait till the next morning till I could get ahold of a friend of mine to come give me a jump-start!!!

      Might be a bit vain but, what about remote internet link to the WSJT/JT44 pages? My cellphone can do it but at a cost of $.50/minute!!! But thats a question for later on down the line.  OR Might have to try to find some linked repeaters that some of you folks can hit as well so as to keep abreast of the activity loggers.  Had also planned to use skeds as well as posts to here when going out for a extended period of time.

      Another reason for the 100% mobile is that my darling 13yr. old daughter has dance classes 5 nights a week usually from around 6pm to 9pm area so it helps to have my radios to pass the time...;-) as well as I am a School Bus Driver and have to kill the day from around 9am to 2pm each day.

      Jacob Tennant  K8JWT
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 13, 2002
        Please submit your 2m WSJT Standing at: http://www.qsl.net/wa4pgm/wsjt/
        I will send out a URL and email with the results once compiled.
        Thanks!!
        Kyle
      • Rex Moncur
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 13, 2002
          Hi again Jake

          Re your question on the Gell cell batteries: it depends on whether they are 2 volt or 12 volt batteries.  Assuming they are 12 volt batteries then they would have to be connected in parallel and this would as you say be all positive and all negative together.  However, I have a recollection that putting rechargeable batteries in parallel can produce problems - so before doing this you might need to check with the battery manufacturer.

          Regards Rex, VK7MO

          For amp power, I am trying to setup either a dual-battery system, using a deep-cycle battery charged at home, or I have 6 gell cell batteries fo 17Ah each and would like to try to bank them together so as to get 12Vdc at 6*17Ah=102Ah so another question arrives to do this would it be positive to negative thru all 6 batteries OR all positives and all negatives together?

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor