Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: RH Additional Calling / Listening Frequency

  • wa3ltb@juno.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 27, 2004
      Hi Guys,

      I can see both points of view on this subject but if we atleast try
      another alternative we can take another look at it and decide which way
      works best. I think we can use 2 frequencies with 144.140 the main one
      that everyone should try to use and for those with qrm or birdies ect
      they could use the secondary call channel and if possible post their
      operating frequency to Ping Jockey. That way if they are in range of
      someone that might want to try work them their operating call frequency
      would be known. I personally am not a fan of using up/down splits
      mainly because much is missed when listening off call frequency, I know
      I see calls from stations in different directions other than where I am
      beaming and after seeing their call I change ant direction to try them.
      If I am listening on split freq. for only stations that are calling me I
      would never notice the other stuff that might be in there. Just my 2
      cents worth...... ideas welcome!!!!!!!!!!

      73's
      Terry
      WA3LTB