Re: [wsjtgroup] Random Hour QRM... Looking for solutions

  • Andrew T. Flowers, K0SM
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 24, 2004
      I can count several times I've been able to hear 3 or 4 stations at once
      by troposcatter on the calling frequency here in the northeast--we're
      talking BIG stations. As long as everyone's clock is right we don't
      bother each other, save for perhaps 1/2 sec or so at the beginning or
      ending of the period to to small clock discrepancies. That's a small
      price to pay for all of the QSOs it attracts--I can only imagine what it
      sounds like on that freuquency 800-1100 miles away! Alot of folks don't
      realize that you can blast right along with a "local" and really have
      minimal chance of interfering with him. Of course everyone within
      earshot needs to agree which period they are going to transmit for this
      to work. I'm a big fan of QSYing off of a single frequency since you can
      answer CQs on either period without fear of completely QRMing another
      local. In the RH this may not be much of a problem since we all have
      patience to wait our turns :-)

      Andy K0SM/2