10/09.04 Random Hour Summary

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2004
      Don't check your calendar or your watch - It is indeed Sunday morning!
      I was out and about with family so just getting report off for 10/09.

      Two new ones to report, Lucky, W7CNK in EM15 and Bryce, KI0LE in EN36.
      Welcome Lucky and Bryce (both run good stations). Good to have report
      and spots for John, NJ0U this week. Also we had Brian, KC7OTV and
      Ozzie, K7CAI spotted during 6m hour.

      Correction on WW2R's report for 10/02. Being the honest fellow he is,
      he said he called and tried KE7NR and KG4OLG. My goof Dave - wasn't
      wearing the old arm strechers.

      Charles AF4O has come up with a winner - his Rock-O-Meter. Original
      scale on a 1 to 10 rating with 1 being poor and 10 blazing hot. In a
      later note he suggested expanding it to include 0 - for those rockless,
      'clear sky' days :-(

      10/09/04 Random Hour Summary
      Reporting
      Station 2m
      WB2FKO - Worked KI7JA (new RQA), heard W0IOH
      NJ0U - Tried WA5UFH ran out of time and also heard
      AF4O calling
      W0IOH - Tried WA5UFH but not cmplete
      WA5UFH - Worked N5SIX, tried W0IOH, heard and called NJ0U,
      heard AF4O and decoded a EM57
      W5SNX - 2m amp still down
      KI7JA - Worked WB2FKO, nothing else heard
      AF4O - Heard and called NJ0U
      KC0HLN - Nothing heard

      Reporting
      Station 6m
      W0IOH - Worked N5SIX
      WA5UFH - Worked W7CNK, heard N5SIX with K7BV/1 and W0IOH
      W5SNX - Worked N5SIX and K7BV/1
      KI7JA - Heard KC7OTV and K7CAI
      AF4O - Heard W5SNX and N5SIX b/s, W7CNK CQ and K7BV/1
      KI0LE - Worked K7BV/1, tried W7CNK, heard W5SNX, AF4O,
      W0IOH and N5SIX
      K7BV/1 - Worked W5SNX, K8ROX, KI0LE and N5SIX, heard W9SE
      calling at end of hour
      KC0HLN - Nothing heard.

      Should be back on track for this week's report - Bruce, N5SIX