Re: [wsjtgroup] beginner questions

  • wa3ltb@juno.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2004
      Hi Dan,

      I have a 746 on this end also......I run Compression on and slight
      indication of ALC maybe 1 or 2 bars.....AGC in Fast mode.........NB on in
      qrn conditions, I find that the noise blanker seems to reduce the receive
      level of pings by 1 or 2 db but not to the point that they can't be
      decoded, turn it off when possible though. I don't have much trouble
      with false decodes..I set W>width to 20 andTol> to 400 to start then
      Tol>100 after I find the freq of the signal and tune RIT to correct to
      under 100 hertz. The closer you have the receive signal the better
      overall...I actually listen to the received signals and manually decode
      anything I think might be a ping when possible too. That's about it ....

      Good luck
      Terry
      WA3LTB
      EN92ta