10/02/04 Random Hour Summary

  • Bruce Brackin
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2004
      Lot of reports from folks for last week's session but looks to have been
      slim pickens. I had several to ask that I remind RH participants to
      please add the DE between calls in BC's. It does help to id the called
      and calling parties - particularly on 6m.

      Roger, AD5T, near me in EM54 reported in again and says he will have
      some real antennas up in a few months. Watch for WO9S using U/D on CQ.
      Jon reports bad city birds on calling freq and can't really run on
      them. I think this is first time Chris, N3IZN in DM13 has been spotted
      during RH - welcome Chris. Also good to see AI3W CQ's heard.

      Reporting
      Station 2m
      WB2FKO - Tried KI7JA - no joy
      KC2MHU - Heard AF4O
      AA9MY - Worked WA5UFH, heard K8MD and AF4O
      KI7JA - None heard
      WA5UFH - Worked AA9MY, heard AF4O and K8MD
      AD5T - Heard K8MD CQ and AF4O
      AF4O - K8MD calling but not complete, heard AI3W CQ
      KC0HLN - nothing heard
      WW2R - Heard WA5UFH, WO9S and AA9MY
      WO9S - WA5UFH answered CQ but not complete and heard KC0HLN
      W0IOH - nothing heard

      Reporting
      Station 6m
      W9SE - Heard W5SNX and AF4O
      KI7JA - Worked AJ6T and NS7K
      WA5UFH - Worked KE7NR and W0IOH, heard N3IZN calling KE7NR,
      AF4O, N5OSK and K4FJW
      AD5T - Heard AF4O and W5SNX (or AF4O, could tell who was calling)
      AJ6T - Worked KI7JA and W0IOH, heard KE7NR caling N3IZN and NS7K
      AF4O - Tried W5SNX, heard K4FJW and partial on K7BV
      K4FJW - Tried N5OSK, heard AF4O and W5SNX
      K4DD - Earwigged and caught CQ's from W5SNX, AF4O and K9ZF (D9) and
      K4FJW
      WW2R - Worked KE7NR and KG4OLG, heard W0IOH, W7CNK, W5SNX, W9SE, AF4O
      and WA5UFH
      WO9S - Called CQ D, nothing heard
      KC0HLN - Nothing heard
      W0IOH - Worked WA5UFH and AJ6T, tried NS7K

      Better rocks tomorrow - Bruce, N5SIX