RE: [wsjtgroup] New Person question

  • John Maguire
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2004

      Hi Art,

      WSJT is not easy to figure out from the instructions.

      Watch Ping Jockey and see if you can identify a user nearby. I have one about an hour away and I spent an evening with him. Once the proper info is loaded into the software, it will transmit on the schedule you define for a minute. At the end of that time it receives for a minute. All during this time there is nothing on the receiver waterfall or scope display or whatever you want to call it. Towards the end of the one minute receive period, your computer analyzes what it has been listening to and if it has sufficient data will then give you a signal display on the scope on your computer screen and also tell you in a little window what portion of the QSO exchange it copied.

      It is one of those things that might be almost impossible to describe, but when you see it happen it becomes all so clear.

      Do you have a 2 meter SSB radio? I have a very good pair of stacked yagis which I could contribute if you had a radio to use them with. There is more activity on two meters.

      John