newby ready?

  • Dan K9ZF
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2004
      Anyone have time to test my setup? Looks like everything is working here,
      but I have yet to copy my first signal.

      I'm QRV 6 & 2 FSK441 from EM78cq

      It's 01:44z, send me an email if you have some time to kill:-)

      Thanks,
      Dan
      K9ZF /R no budget Rover ***QRP-l #1269
      Check out the Rover Resource Page at: http://www.qsl.net/n9rla
      List Administrator for: InHam+grid-loc+ham-books

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19, 2004
        Hi Dan,
        Welcome aboard ! Just hang around the PJ page & you will find action.

        I show about 250 miles from you. That is too close for Meteors but we can test your 144 setup with JT65 if you want. I will be around PJ page tonight.

        73 de Bob --> AA9MY

        > If you're unsure about the "receive" portion of FSK441 I would recommend
        > tuning into the Random Hour (Activity Period) this Saturday. There you
        > should be able to hear enough activity to test your "receive" processes
        > and become familiar with manipulating the software. Another method is to
        > monitor the WSJT page and when a station is within normal meteor scatter
        > range of your station listen in for pings as they attempt a contact.
        >

        > Another method is to request a schedule to test your set-up. I am
        > available and within meteor scatter range. Find me on the PJ page or
        > email me direct. I just looked and 85 stations are logged into the PJ
        > webpage at this time. (Activity high now because of the passing shower)
        >

        > You might also look at the WSJTGROUP Webpage for information on the
        > Activity Periods.
        >

        > http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/
        >

        > If I can help, let me know. Another resource is. www.qsl.net/wa5ufh
        >

        > To address your question in the Subject Line "Anyone using WSJT modes" ?
        > Yes!!! I make several qso's daily provided the band is dead. (Hi) I have
        > completed over 1490 WSJT Meteor Scatter QSO's. The average time
        > completion on six meters is 5 minutes and 10 minutes for two meters.
        > Completion rate is 80% for 50MHz and 74% for 144MHz. I have kept well
        > documented records of my meteor scatter contacts and failures. Any
        > attempts over 1200 miles are not captured into my data since distances
        > over 1200 miles are "out of the norm".  We are not a "big-gun" station.
        > Modest radios and solid state mirage brick amps used.
        >

        > By the way, there are several "Rover" stations using WSJT. Good luck and
        > see you on the rocks.
        >

        > Tip
        >
        > WA5UFH

        To unsubscribe, send an email to:

      • Dan K9ZF
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 19, 2004
          Hi Bob,
          Thanks for the reply.  I'm on pingjockey now.

          I haven't looked at JT65 yet, but I'm willing to try anything:-)  250 miles is pretty long haul for me right now, 10 elements, 100 watts, at about 25 feet. I just moved my home gear, so I'm basically using my Rover stuff right now.

          Thanks,
          Dan
          K9ZF /R no budget Rover ***QRP-l #1269
          Check out the Rover Resource Page at:  http://www.qsl.net/n9rla