Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: antennas for 6 mtr. wsjt

  • Jon W0AMT
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 18, 2004
      I have a SM-50 that I have used rovering for the vhf contests.  It is a good antenna, very small and light.  You might want to order one directly from PAR to make sure the mounting bracket is big enough for installing it on a tower mast.  If you have the wind load capacity you should look at a 3 element beam like M Squared 6M3.  The 6M3 is small and light, I have one for portable operations and field day.  I used it for operating the Spring HSMS contest from a park in central Minnesota.  I worked 6 contacts in 5 grids one saturday morning with the antenna at 24 feet.

      73, Jon
      W0AMT

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 18, 2004
        Hi All,

        I run a Cushcraft 3 el & have great success with Meteors, . I also use it
        for general 6 meter activity and have been very happy with it. However
        everything I have purchased since that antenna has been M2 and I am very
        happy with their stuff.

        73 de AA9MY
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 27, 2004
          Check this out:

          I built one and has been working.
          Very quiet. Costs nothing to make.
          If you dont have Channel 2 in your area,
          try listening to 55.250 cw. I am hearing 2 pings
          a minute regularly with the hentenna.

          http://member.nifty.ne.jp/tasaki/Hentenna.html